Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Kriss, I donated eggs three times in my early 30s and this is my first post on this board (have checked with the mod first that this is OK!).

After my donations I got involved with the National Gamete Donation Trust which is a national charity recruiting donors, mainly funded by the Department of Health.

There's a big campaign to recruit egg donors starting next month in Birmingham and focusing on five regional centres in England, and it's running from then into the beginning of next year. To prepare for this the Trust has talked to lots of donors and recipients to prepare case studies - these help give a more human face to donation and to explain what it's all about.

Problem is, the media like visual images and lots of our donors and recipient volunteers don't want to be identified in the press - we have no problems getting people to tell their story with words and a first name, but not with pictures.

It makes a big difference to the campaign for journalists to have real people to speak to - some of you may remember that article in The Sun last year about the couple trying to find an egg donor. Loads of people rang clinics in London and the Trust helpline to express an interest in helping and some of those women went on to become donors.

So... would anyone reading consider talking about your experience as an egg donor or recipient, and having your photo taken? I know that may seem like a lot to ask, but it really does make a difference to the number of people who respond.

There's free media training and all reasonable travel and out-of-pocket expenses will be met. The campaign is running nationwide, but particularly looking for people from the Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester and London areas as that's where the regional campaigns are.

If you're interested and want to find out more, could you contact Pip Morris on 0845 226 9193 or [email protected]

She is also looking for altruistic sperm and egg donors and recipients to contribute stories/quotes for our new website.

If you've got this far, thank you!

Kriss

1 - 1 of 1 Posts