Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you again Peter
I posted the other day under cells, it's just that I'm worried about my fertility now. When we stared we were told hubby had low sperm count that didn't last the 24 hrs so we would have ICSI. On the day I produced 10 eggs and was told that the sperm was good so IVF would be done. We only got 3 emb 5 cell, 4 cell and 3 cell. I have the 5 & 4 back in me so does this mean that my eggs were poor?
I was only on a low dose of Metrodine so will I be on higher dose next time to get better eggs or if we'd had ICSI would we have got a better result?
Love Clarex ???

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

Clare said:
Sorry to bother you again Peter

That's OK, that's why I offer this service

I posted the other day under cells, it's just that I'm worried about my fertility now. When we stared we were told hubby had low sperm count that didn't last the 24 hrs so we would have ICSI. On the day I produced 10 eggs and was told that the sperm was good so IVF would be done.

This is a good decision if the sperm is good on the day. ICSI is an invasive technique and if IVF can be used then it should be used.

We only got 3 emb 5 cell, 4 cell and 3 cell. I have the 5 & 4 back in me so does this mean that my eggs were poor?

Not at all, the low fertilisation rate probably relates to the overall poor sperm quality but I still think that IVF was the best option in this case.

I was only on a low dose of Metrodine so will I be on higher dose next time to get better eggs

Higher dose just produces more eggs, the quality does not change

or if we'd had ICSI would we have got a better result?

You may have had more fertilised but they might not have been such good embryos as those derived from IVF. If this cycle fails (and there is no reason to think that it will) then you may like to discuss going straight to ICSI next time irrespective of the quality of the sample on the day.

Hope this helps!

Peter

Love Clarex ???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter
You have been a huge help and put my mind at rest.
I'm glad that Catie is getting on well.
Thanks Love Clarex ::)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts