Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I'm a bit worried as to how this cycle is going for me. I'm doing a short protocol, although like the last one, i have only produced 6 follicles on my first scan. Last time they increased my drugs (gonal F) & i got 22 follicles, but only 7 eggs collected.
This time i started on 5 amps of menopur, increased to 7 & today (day 8) increased to 8. The follicles had hardly grown for two days & my concern is, that all these extra drugs will affect their quality.

I have a daughter from previous treatment (FET) & i responded really well on the two ICSI's (16 eggs collected) i had. What a difference two years can make to my body. I'm only (!) 34. Is this likely to be the end of my eggs?
Anything i can do?

Thanks
Love
Minnie
XX

·
Registered
856 Posts
Minnie said:
Hi Peter

I'm a bit worried as to how this cycle is going for me. I'm doing a short protocol, although like the last one, i have only produced 6 follicles on my first scan. Last time they increased my drugs (gonal F) & i got 22 follicles, but only 7 eggs collected.
This time i started on 5 amps of menopur, increased to 7 & today (day 8) increased to 8. The follicles had hardly grown for two days & my concern is, that all these extra drugs will affect their quality.

This should not effect overall quality

I have a daughter from previous treatment (FET) & i responded really well on the two ICSI's (16 eggs collected) i had. What a difference two years can make to my body. I'm only (!) 34. Is this likely to be the end of my eggs?
Anything i can do?

It is probably just not a very good cycle. By the time you read this things have probably moved on anyway but good luck!!

Peter

Thanks
Love
Minnie
XX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts