Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the process involved with doing egg share ICSI with me being the donor and also what the criterea is regarding my age etc.

Oh and also costs !!!

I have looked on my clinics website and it says it cost £500 which seems really cheap to me and it doesnt state if thats inclusive of drugs.

Would really appreciate your help and knowledge.

Lyns xxxx

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hiya,

I am doing egg share with ICSI as a donor and started D/R today, I am doing it with Herts and Essex and the criteria are;

1) Under 36 years of age
2) Pass all the HIV/Hep B/C screening blood tests
3) Have no serious health conditions within the family
4) Have an AMH level of above 10.

The ICSI costs £500 and the HFEA fee is £104.50 so total cost is £604.50, you get the initital consultation and all blood screenings paid for aswell.

If you want to know anything else give me a shout x

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi minkey 114,

thanks so much for this info.
Does that cost include all the drugs?
All my bllod test are up to date (just done a FET which looks like a BFN), i am 34, no health issues infamily apart from my Mum and Gran both have had breast cancer, although i have been told at a genetics clinic that there shouldnt be a link as they were both diagnosed after stating the menapaus, just not too sure what my AMH is??
I have always produced around 13 eggs which i believe is the average, although my last fresh cycle was 3 years ago so i suppose a lot could have changed since then.

Wiching you the best of luck,

Lyns xx 

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PS...sorry about my spelling, i am watching tv at the same time !!

It meant to say wishing you lots of luck !!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
All sounds good for you then, yes that includes all the drugs £604.50 is all you need to pay in total.  Herts and Essex check your AMH in their blood tests, if you are under 10 you are not eligible for egg share but they still don't charge you for the blood tests regardless.

Thanks for the luck, first injection went Ok, not as bad as I was expecting, sorry to hear about your FET - have you tested? x x

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tested and got a BFN but its a bit of a funny set up to be honest.
My embreos were frozen from my succesfull cycle and because i have regular periods i have had a natural FET.
I ovulated on day 13 and had two embs transferred on day 16.  I normaly start spotting on day 24 with full blood being day 25 or day 26.  Today is day 23 and i have been having period pains since sunday so i decided to test to save getting upset at work tomorrow if i start bleeding, the test came up negative  :'(
I am 10 days past ovulation but only 7 days past transfer, but as i havent taken any drugs at all i should just have my normal cycle if that all makes sence so i am 95% sure that it has failed.
I know its soon but makes me feel a little better when i have something to focus on.  I knew it wouldnt be easy for me as it took a good few treatments to get my son.
I dont mind getting a BFN as long as some of you that havent got children can get your BFP's.

I know in one respect i am very lucky that i have my little boy, just dont feel lucky that the choice to have two children has been taken away from me but i am determined to give it my best shot to give him a brother or sister.
Just want to put this whole infertility behing me and get on with our lives, i have promised myself that if i am lucky enough to have two children then if i get broody again i will get us a puppy!

really hope it works for you.

Lyns xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts