Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ladies,

I am really looking for some advice from people who have been accepted or done egg share at The Lister.

I have has 1 cycle of egg share at Herts and Essex which sadly ended in an early miscarriage, I had concerns about how I was monitered and said that I would not go back to Herts and Essex.  But at the follow up they have offered me the SP next time and seem much more confident.

I was very interested in egg share at The Lister but the next appointment for the initial consultation is at the end of May, whereas Herts and Essex say that I can cycle again in June.  (I really don't want to delay too long).

Would The Lister accept you  for egg share if you have more than one failed cycle elsewhere?? (If I was to go with Herts and Essex again and it not work).

Or do I go straight away with The Lister and if you have a failed cycle at The Lister do they generally give you anither go there or do you get once chance only??

We are not entiltled to NHS funding and money is a real issue for us so am just trying to maximise the attempts that I can have whilst giving myself the best chance of it working????

I would really appreciate any help you can give me....... x x ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Hi as you can see from my signature i have had 2 icsi and one fet.  I was excepted for egg share at The Lister and was told that i could have one go, and then see how it goes from there.  Apparently they normally take people who have had no failed cycles, but do make exceptions.  As it is i was later refused egg sharing at it appears that i have balanced translocation.  I have to say that we are still hoping to go with The Lister (but not egg sharing).  As were very impressed with them. xx

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Minky

I have had 4 previous failed cycles at two different clinics two of which I egg shared.
I was accepted at the lister with all that past history and I go in for EC collection tomorrow.

Once all my tests had been completed (it's been a couple of years) My cycle has wizzed by!!

Good luck in whatever decision you make

Sarah x

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for your replies  :)

Chelsea - So sorry to hear about your first baby  :'( that must have been truly awful but congrats on your DS  ^hugme^  Have you found that The Lister moniter you more closely with your PCOS?  I got OHSS last time, so this is something that I am very worried about again - also do you know if The Lister are going to put you on the long or the short protocol??  Its really reassuring to hear that you have found them great so far, the staff were lovely at Herts and Essex but I just felt that they wanted me to produce loads of eggs and were not concerned about my health at all...  What stage are you at with your egg sharing?  Do you mean that The Lister let you egg share 3 times??  :eek:

Coweyes - You have helped me out on another thread, so thanks again  ^hugme^  Glad you are impressed with The Lister - is there anything in particular that impressed you? Glad you are going ahead with treatment and  ^reiki^ and  ^pray^ for you.

Sarahcutekitten - Sorry to hear about your journey so far, thats brilliant that you have been accepted for egg share and good luck with your egg collection tomorrow.  How often were you scanned during stimming and did they do blood tests, what protocol were you on?

Also did any of you lovely ladies do immune testing aswell?  I would prefer to do the next cycle at The Lister (but the irrational part of me is worried I am "losing" out on a nearly free cycle, as Herts and Essex would not have me back if I cycle elsewhere in the meantime................your advice really helps and is very reassuring x x x

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi i have also egg shared before and want to share with lister i have met all the critia but have just found out today that my amh was 9.5 and it was 18.5pmol/l. 2 years ago but my doctor took my blood 5 weeks ago  and he also had to ring them 2 weeks after test and reorder it but with the blood they already had. do u think they could have got a wrong reading of my blood as they had it so long please help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts