Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^itsaboy^ ^blueted^ ^babycrawl^ ^blueted^ ^babycrawl^ ^blueted^ ^babycrawl^ ^blueted^ ^itsaboy^
I am pleased to announce the safe arrival of Elinor's beautiful baby boy​
Jacob Rowan
who was born on 2 April at 21.47,​
weighing in at 8lbs 10oz.​
Huge congratulations​
A-M​
x-x

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Many congratulations Elinor, a beautiful baby boy xxx

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Yay Elinor - huge congrats on the safe arrival of your precious bundle

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
^clapping^ ^jumpin^ Congratulations Elinor on the arrival of your baby boy! ^clapping^ ^jumpin^

^itsaboy^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^itsaboy^

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
295 Posts
Many congratulations Elinor ! Delighted to hear your news.

You may not remember but I was on the Edinburgh thread a while back (I have just returned!). You gave me some great advice and information about GCRM. And guess what ! I have 6 month old twin boys.

I know you have had a long journey, I've checked in over the last wee while but don't always have the words, and offered support to many so I am delighted to hear your news.

Take care of yourself and your new precious bundle.

M
xx

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS, Elinor!!!  GOOD work, and wow, that's a bouncing baby boy....  *g*  Look what you did!  :D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Congratulations Elinor, fabulous news, hope you are both doing well xx

·
Registered
784 Posts
^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^
^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^
^storkboy^  ^storkboy^  ^storkboy^  ^storkboy^  ^storkboy^  ^storkboy^  ^storkboy^  ^storkboy^
^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^ ^babycrawl^

Congratulations Elinor on the arrival of your bouncing baby boy and much love to you and your precious bundle  :-*

xXx

·
Registered
626 Posts
welcome little man

huge congrats darling :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Woo Hoo ^pompom^ Well done Elinor :)

Huge congrats on the arrival of your beautiful boy ^blueted^ Can't wait to hear all about him.

Love
Maz x

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wah-hey!!! ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Fabulous news!! Can't wait to have a big Edinburgh bumps and babes get-together. We've had a couple of wee ones and it's so great that the Edinburgh ERI thread has been so successful recently (even if quite a lot of us actually had our treatments elsewhere - go GCRM!!!). If you're anything like me, the main thing you need to hear is "it gets better"  ;) ! Wish someone had told me that the first six weeks or so can be HELL and leave you wondering why on earth you thought you wanted to be a parent, but that it gets SO much better!

Love and hugs,
Jan xx
PS Meeting Cecelia and Andrea and their babes this weekend - will be thinking of you.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^

^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^

CONGRATULATIONS TO ELINOR ON THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF HER PRECIOUS SON

^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^

^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^

·
Registered
280 Posts
Oh Wow! so many people welcoming my little boy into the world...I didn't get around to posting earlier (and haven't updated the ticker) because things were not all straight forward with the birth, but baby Jacob Rowan is doing splendidly and we had our last midwife check yesterday - he is over his birthweight, so something is going well with the feeding.
Long labour, then epidural and forceps, small bleed and beautiful bouncing baby boy. Then off to postnatal ward, and first attempt to sit up to feed followed by collapse and major bleed (baby boy doing fine all the while, so I wasn't too worried, but suddenly there were 4 doctors and numerous nurses and midwives around the bed all trying to shove needles etc into me), surgery, transfusion and 'packing'... A short visit to high dependency unit, where Jacob tried to pull out all canulas/ detach any monitors he could grab hold of, but struggled manfully on to get some milk from mummy, somehow. Back to ordinary postnatal ward for a few days, and then home end of last week.
Will be on iron tablets for a while, so even more tired than expected, but I just look at my wonderful, beautiful baby boy and I don't care. He is definitely worth the wait, and I'd do it all again tomorrow.
Just hope everyone reading this gets their precious bundle too.
Many thanks to all on here, and elsewhere on this site, for the support and friendship, advice and laughter along the way. That has been precious to me, and helped me through some dark times.
Love and best wishes to all
Elinor xx
and Jacob xx

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Clever Clever lady  ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^itsaboy^ ^pompom^

Congratulations Elinor

With lots of love from the Swinny's  :-* :-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Elinor - oh my goodness you have been thru the wars and come out on the winning side.  I love your wee boys name  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
^party^ ^daisy^ ^blueted^ ^daisy^ ^storkboy^ ^daisy^ ^bear^
^clapping^ CONGRATULATIONS ^clapping^
Elinor

on the birth of

Jacob Rowan

wishing you lots of love, good health and happiness as a family always

xxx Steph xxx

^bear^ ^daisy^ ^storkboy^ ^daisy^ ^blueted^ ^daisy^ ^party^ ^daisy^ ^blueted^ ^daisy^ ^storkboy^ ^daisy^ ^bear^

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS ELINOR.........WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY JACOB ROWAN

Kate n Scottie
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
776 Posts
Elinor
Congratulations hun, so over the moon to hear about the safe arrival of your wee man!  What a time you had, but as you say it was worth every minute  ;) :) :)
Hopefully we can organise an Edinburgh babes meet up when you're feeling up to it and introduce all our boys!
Dxxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts