Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi?

Is it possible to have embie transfer under sedation or Gen Anesthetic? Has anyone had it done before?

Would it cause any risks to the embies?

I had practice transfer last week- as Ive had a loop cone diathermy before- now in alot of pain.
Although I will be so excited to have embies put back in me- ....Im concerned how I will cope with the procedure again. Thankfully Im having egg collection under gen an.

Also is it not better if Im relaxed and under some sort of sedation. Im concerned if im to anxious- this will have a negative effect on embies..

Would be grateful for some advice, thanks Deborah

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I´ve done embryo transfers under sedation before. On one lady we did just some valium beforehand, another we gave a sedation of midazalam and pethidine, it was her third ET and it was the least stressful and I am sure that contributed to the fact she got pregnant! I would seriously ask for some sort of support at that crucial time.

Ruth

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Deb

(Hope this doesn't appear twice - it didn't post on board first time).

On both occassions I had embryo transfer under sedation (basically was fast asleep).  I have had numerous problems which can make it quite painful, together with being extremely anxious, my consultant and I discussed it and decided it would be the best option.  I think it is down to you and the clinic.  I know that some people would prefer to be awake but personally, for me, being asleep was the best option.

On both occassions it worked!  Best of luck.

Debs M xxx

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Ruth thanks for the info....will discuss with dr when I see him.

Debs thanks too, Deborah xx

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Deb10
i've replied to you before. I have had ec under gen a and had gas &air for et, for next tx i'm having cervical dilation, ec and et under gen an.
lots of luck
CaseyX

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Deb,

If you can i'd ask for something to stop the pain and not make you fall asleep because seeing the et on the screen is amazing!

^goodluck^

Love
Kia.x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts