Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience of adopting frozen embryos please?

I thought adoption meant the embryos already exist?

Dogus have sent me lots of helpful info. But I thought adoption meant the embryo was already created and frozen. No longer wanted by the parents and awaiting adoption.

When enquiring about frozen embryo adoption, Dogus said that they had egg donors of my blood type. And the info talked of being able to choose egg and sperm donor. I'm confused.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
When I went there they gave me a choice of embryos to adopt based on the female/male donors. I had about 4 to choose from and picked one that matched my requirements the most. Wondering if they have got it muddled up with double donor etc, seems strange that they have only come back with that option.

Reactions: ClaireCupcake

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I went there they gave me a choice of embryos to adopt based on the female/male donors. I had about 4 to choose from and picked one that matched my requirements the most. Wondering if they have got it muddled up with double donor etc, seems strange that they have only come back with that option.

Thanks for your reply.

Their website muddles words sometimes. But my question to them regarding blood type was very clear. It makes me wonder if they just can't match my blood type. The website says they will match blood types. But surely this is not possible where both donors could have different blood groups or if you have a rare type.

I'm also confused by the number of sites that seem to be linked to Dogus, but have a slightly different website address. I don't understand why they need so many variations. It makes it hard to find any reviews.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The different sites are the coordinators websites, so which ever one you use to contact them will put you in touch with a certain coordinator who will look after you, over the years there have been a couple that push for double donor instead of embryo donation, if you can get hold of a coordinator call Andri she is very good and will look after you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My understanding is you cannot allow others to have your unwanted embryos in that country. I’d planned treatment there prior to the pandemic kicking in and I second that Andri is really helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts