Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Has anyone got any success stories they could share regarding embryo donation/adoption?  We have looked at egg donation with DP's sperm but this is looking unlikely to succeed.  Embryo adoption in Spain had been suggested.  We are still talking it through.

Any success stories would be really appreciated.  We are also interested to know how you told or are planning to tell your child/children.

Harvey

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Harvey
Embryo donation, particularly from abroad where there is little information about donors and children do not have the option of contact when they are older, is a very big step to take....very close to adoption (although that term is not used in the UK as it legally refers only to existing children) and requiring similar preparation, in that the long term issues are very similar but without the same rights for children as those that are now in place for adopted people.
Have a look at the DC Network web site (www.dcnetwork.org) for information about 'telling' - The Telling and Talking booklets are suitable for parents of children conceived by embryo donation, as well as single, egg or sperm, donation.  Later this year we will be bringing out a story book for children conceived via embryo or double donation.  Watch our web site for news of this.
Best wishes
Olivia

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Harvey,

I wonder if you made any decisions yet? I am 42 and single and in a similar dilemma and considering embryo adoption in Czech Republic or Spain but there are a lot of issues over the anonymity factor for me and how you deal with this with the child and the fact it has no possibility ever of tracing its biological heritage - I've just posted on the Donor sperm/eggs board on this because I am trying to decide between using donor eggs from my younger sister and donor sperm or going this route.
Have you got any further?
Talking to the clinics in Spain and CR, it is clear that if I go down this route I will know very little about the donors - it feels like 'pot luck' - although I guess you could argue the same thing about donor eggs/sperm...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts