Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve had our two daughters via donor eggs and have some embryos in storage. We have been invoiced for the next year and it’s £350. I went down the donor route as really wanted two children and my chance with my eggs was less than 5%.

I’m very happy to have two children, but it feels very final to lose the embryos after all the time and money and donor searches. Any advice on how I’ll know when to stop paying? We’ve spent tens of thousands of pounds to date and i know £350 is a fraction but it still feels a lot now I’m not currently working.

any advice? I appreciate I’m very lucky to be in this position xx

Reactions: Mmc224

·
Registered
26 Posts
We’ve had our two daughters via donor eggs and have some embryos in storage. We have been invoiced for the next year and it’s £350. I went down the donor route as really wanted two children and my chance with my eggs was less than 5%.

I’m very happy to have two children, but it feels very final to lose the embryos after all the time and money and donor searches. Any advice on how I’ll know when to stop paying? We’ve spent tens of thousands of pounds to date and i know £350 is a fraction but it still feels a lot now I’m not currently working.

any advice? I appreciate I’m very lucky to be in this position xx
Would you be able to donate them to your family or friends if they needed them? If you no longer want more children, you could keep them to donate them to those you know. In this case you need to know what the egg donor consented to. And if another 'pregnancy slot' needs to be reserved. Because if you wait too long the allotted 'pregnancy slots' may all be filled. And no other family will be allowed to have them.

But you may also change your mind and want more children in a few years. And you may have given up a chance to have full siblings.

Or would you consider donating them to another couple? To even be eligible to be frozen they had to pass many hurdles in life. It would be a shame if they got that far and still hadn't earnt a chance to be born.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes lots to consider. I might just pay for another year and let the dust settle on baby no. 2 x

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
agree with ClaireCupcake, you will make someone really happy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts