Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I wonder if you could help answer a few questions for me.

I was due to have fet today, but alas last night the embryologist rang with the devastating news that none of my 3 embryos had survived. I was absolutely shocked and heartbroken. I had 2 grade 4 at 5-8 cells and one grade 3 at 4-6 cells. They told me this was rare but not uncommon. Is this to do with the thawing process or just because the embryos are not strong enough?

I had a m/c in may from the same batch and I am now wondering if this is connected. Icsi penetrates the egg with the sperm artificially and creates embryo's that would not fertilise naturally.

If I went ahead with another icsi cycle would the same thing happen again?

Thanks
Sara.

·
Registered
856 Posts
saralou said:
Hi Peter

I wonder if you could help answer a few questions for me.

I was due to have fet today, but alas last night the embryologist rang with the devastating news that none of my 3 embryos had survived.

This happens now and again, you have probably just been unlucky this time.

I was absolutely shocked and heartbroken. I had 2 grade 4 at 5-8 cells and one grade 3 at 4-6 cells. They told me this was rare but not uncommon. Is this to do with the thawing process or just because the embryos are not strong enough?

A bit of both. It is very unlucky to lose all 3 embryos.

I had a m/c in may from the same batch and I am now wondering if this is connected.

Possibly. Aneuploidy screening would give useful information in your case.

Icsi penetrates the egg with the sperm artificially and creates embryo's that would not fertilise naturally.

Exactly, that's why I don't like ICSI very much.

If I went ahead with another icsi cycle would the same thing happen again?

Possibly, try blastocyst culture next time if you can.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks
Sara.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts