Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,
Failed 1st round of ivf, thought I was coping pretty well. It’s been a tough week , as my dad has been unwell as well. So I’m seeing a counsellor for emotional support and during the session this week (day after found out ivf failed) she offered a name of another counsellor whom she thought would be better than her re fertility. I’m with her a year. I asked her why this person and she said that she’s around a long time and v experienced but wasn’t any an expert in fertility area. I kind of had to laugh as it was pretty obvious she was doing her best to ‘dump’ me. I’ve noticed she hasn’t been as attentive in Prev sessions. warning signs there.. At least recommend someone that you know is skilled in the area.
So I’ve noticed my mood is dropping further as days go on, just sad and angry internally. I think my therapists timing sucked in fairness . Then last night people were putting up photos of their nights out on what’s app & I thought wow I wish I could do that (which I could) but don’t feel like it . Even my other half was out, and I felt bitter towards him going out enjoyinghimself (which I know sounds ridiculous)
Has anyone felt antisocial since starting ivf? I just feel like I’m in a ivf bubble and taking each day as it comes. I feel lost and sad over it as folk don’t get it unless they are in it & find it hard talking to people about silly things. Is that just me? I will find a new therapist after my little rant above!!!
Hoping this passes which I think it will.
Anyone else!?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I am sorry you are going through this. I can't help with personal experiences as to emotional ups and downs, as I had a really supportive doc and coordinator who helped me much. I also recommend you visiting Emotional Support • Q&A • FertiAlly.com with awesome tips from fertility coaches you might find helpful in your situation. Hope this helps. Sending positive vibes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry you are going through this. I can't help with personal experiences as to emotional ups and downs, as I had a really supportive doc and coordinator who helped me much. I also recommend you visiting Emotional Support • Q&A • FertiAlly.com with awesome tips from fertility coaches you might find helpful in your situation. Hope this helps. Sending positive vibes.
Thanks so much! I’ll be ok in due course! I’ll have a look x

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sending lots of love. IVF is so tough - I found it very hard when my first round didn’t work too xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts