Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably isn't the most sensitive of places to post this but it seems the most appropriate place I can find. :-[

On monday we had a scan at the EPU after lots of bleeding and spotting (red and brown) with cramping.
The scan showed a small sac of irregular shape (as if collapsing) containing only a yolk sac - no fetus. The news was not looking good.

Before the scan I had bled every day from my BFP two weeks before. I had also experienced occaisional cramping.

Since the scan I've had no bleeding, only occaisional lower back ache (but suspect this is from my chair at work!) and have started feeling 'wobbly' occaisionally. I do occaisionally feel sick but this is normally just before bursting into tears at the unknown wait. :'(

Has anyone else experienced anything similar after a hideous early scan?

I'm trying very hard not psyche myself up for another disapointment by 'hoping against all hope' that the scan was wrong, but the not knowing is driving me pots.  :'(

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ah hun, no advice but just didn't want to read and run - I'm so sorry this has happened to you ^hugme^

Krysia xxx

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Sorry to hear this honey ... i too have had a BFP and have been constantly bleedin red blood without clots or tissue for the last 3 days ... had some bloods done yesterday and they came back at 27 next lot fri but now all i can do is  ^pray^ they double by fridays bloods.

Its understandable thta you are feeling 'wobbley' - having gone trough so much to get here, the 2ww followed by another 2ww wholst bleeding waiting for your scan.... can you not have some bloods done to monitor your BHCG levels, then at least you will know one way of another.

Ive got everything crossed for you xxxx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
CM  ^hugme^

Can you not get seen any earlier, could you got to EPAU and explain the trauma this putting you through?  A couple of days really does make a difference in the scan world.

My experience was different, I had bleeding, I went for a scan, just a sac, nothing else at all (supposed to be 6w), I went back two weeks later (i'd been booked for a d&c but told they'd scan me first), I should've been 7+5 I think but everything was fine, a perfect sac, with all its bits and peices including a heartbeat....the fertility clinic were absolutely adamant that I would miscarry, they gave me NO hope at all that things could correct themselves (I complained about this aspect of care later on).

I don't want to give you false hope, stranger things have happened.  I  ^pray^ you get a miracle on Wednesday (or before if you can get seen).

Thinking of you

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spoken to the EPU. They now don't know if I will or won't miscarry. Could just have been early. Enoguh to drive you bonkers!!!! ^idiot^ *thud*

Anyway have moved the scan forward a day so being seen on Tuesday.

aggghhhh I'm not good at waiting!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I have everything crossed for a 'just early' response on Tuesday, i'm useless at waiting too - can you bring my scan forward too please?!

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Oh Debs, how awful for you but it isn't over til it's over, and that ain't just yet. With it being a natural miracle it could be late implantation so the scan may well have just been too early, but either way they do seem to like to tell you worst case scenario. I can't imagine what it's like to be in limbo like this but I shall certainly be ^pray^ ^pray^ that it's good news for you next week as there's always hope.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Debs hoping & praying things will be looking better when you've had your next scan ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In some ways I wish they could have just 'got the sucking-removal machine' out there and then. None of this waiting and nail biting stuff.  I'm definately a black and white person. Not good at this 'well maybe sortof kinda' stuff.

I want a window installed so I can see what is going on in my womb :(

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Debs I am so sorry this is happening. Do you have a private scan clinic near you? We do and I have used them before it's @£50 - 75 for the scan but well worth it if it makes you feel better and takes away the anxiousness.

big hugs x x

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be honest I think the longer I can put off having the scan the more chance of the result being correct. I chatted to the EPU nurse and she basically said the same. If I went for a scan today it might still be inconclusive. I know I should be able to wait and find out - I'm just not very good at it :(

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
hugs to you - me neither I hate waiting and not knowing. Really hope it's a good sign that nothings happened x x x x x x

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sods law - I had stomach cramps and minor bleeding again last night. Positive mood gone ::)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
^hugme^

really praying it is all ok  ^pray^

·
Registered
413 Posts
debs so sorry youre going through this,but hope and  ^pray^ there is good news on tuesdays scan,its such a worrying time and the not knowing is dreadful but stay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love and a  ^hugme^ from janine xx

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Charlies Mum  Its horrible this waiting  ^hugme^ I go back on Monday for a scan to see if they can see a featal pole
                    but not holding out much hope. Just wanted to send you  ^hugme^ and  ^pray^ all will be better at your scan

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
just wanted say I am thinking of you for tommorow x x x

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Charlies mum  Much love and luck for tommorow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well we've just had to go to the pub (for lunch!)

The scan showed a sac, a yolk sac and a small embryo WITH A HEARTBEAT!!!!
Basically all is as it should be but my dates have been put back a week. Not overly suprising as I'm a bit erratic with ovulation but needless to say we are cautiously overjoyed! :)

Thanks to all for your support ^hugme^

Deb

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Fab news Deb hurrah!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts