Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls
I just wanted to let you know that we have come to a decision that it is the 'end of the road' for us both...We saw the consultant today and it gave us some sort of closure to end having more treatment.
I am not sure if i accept it yet, but i know deep down in my heart that for us to have any form of life to enjoy, then this is the only way forward..
To be honest i never thought i would be the one looking at a child free future and its as if your worst nightmare has come true. But i feel that we have now made the right decision. Although it was hard and there was alot of soul searching we eventually got there. I must admit i am alittle scared and apprehensive about our future, but atleast i have a great dh and good friends.
I must say that this thread has been the most supportive and i have found such solace from you girls and i thank you for that..
Thanks for all your help...
lots of love astridxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dear Astrid,

You have both taken a huge step by reaching this decision.  We are all here to support you.

Laine x

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi eilidth, laine, topsy and kim

Thankyou so much, these messages really mean alot to me, as i don't feel so alone now..Ooops i think the hankies are coming out...
lots of love astridxxxx

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Astrid
I too have recently made the decision, I know how you are feeling right now and just wanted to wish you all the very best for whatever the future brings to you.
^hugme^
Dydie xx

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi dydie
Thanks for your message, i just wanted to say that i am also thinking of you.....
Lots of love astridxxx

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Astrid

I guess your "one for the road" isn't to be.

You always seem to give such sound, balanced advice to others I just wanted to say look if you can look to the future with your great dh in the same sound, balanced way I'm sure you'll find happiness. Perhaps not necessarily were you expected to find it, but I'm sure it'll be there for both of you.

Good luck

flipper

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Astrid -have been wondering how you were and just saw your post and can only say -its a brave decision hun and as the other girls have said you do have so much else and the enjoyment of life will come back soon to you even tho things right now may seem bleak and empty

you have given out so much helpful advice and now its time for you and dh to heal and grieve however long you need
you know where I am too Astrid -anytime hun

love and hugs
      sarah xx ;)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dear all
Thankyou so much for the support and lovely kind words, i was really touched...
I hope to meet up sometime with you all in the future..
I am finding it quite a relief that we will not be going down the ivf route again...so that is a positive outcome already...
Also i am sure you understand, that it is about taking one day at a time. Also we are now starting to spend money on alternative things other than tx. Plan more holidays and surround ourselves with good friends.
The bad days well thats not something to look forward to, but i am sure it will get easier with time.....as many of you girls have pointed out on this thread....
Thanks all for being there, it makes you feel not so alone.....
lots of love astridxxxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.