Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls

Has anyone ever tried accupuncture for Endo & fertility? I am thinking of giving it a go after reading lots of positives about it. It's more for conception rather than Endo symptoms as my symptoms are not really that bad - fortunately.

If any of you have tried & can let me know your experiences I would much appreciate it. Along with advice on how often you should get it done, costs etc would be great.

Take care everyone ^group^

Megan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Megan

I have been having acupuncture for just over a year now - initially because of terrible pain for 2 weeks every month due to endo - I also had very long irregular cycles. It hasn't been a quick fix, but I would say after the first 3 months of treatments - (about 2 a month), the pain practically disappeared and my cycles are now about 28-30 days. Still no pregnancy unfortunately, which of course is what I ultimately am looking for, but I do believe that the acupuncture has strengthened my body and emotions in preparation for IVF treatment - to hopefully give me the best chance of success.

There are no guarantees with complementary therapies I know, but before I tried acupuncture (as a last resort) I was very sceptical about trying anything like this - and now am completely converted! It has definitely helped and I would recommend it, especially before IVF.

I pay £38 per hour session, but this is a London rate really, I believe anything from £30-£40 is about right.

Good luck with everything!
Love Alison xx

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alison

Thanks for your informative reply. I am lucky that I didn't have all the side effects of Endo like you had though I think it would have ended up that way if I hadn't had surgery - it was definitely getting worse. I was even starting to plan ahead if we had a night out or event when AF was due I just knew I wouldn't be able to go. I think I will definitely go ahead with the accupuncture - it's worth a try..... When in your cycle do you recommend to have it done?

We have been told we could be starting IVF anytime after September so I am also trying to get my body in the best of health to give us the best chance. I'm still working on my emotions....the Clomid is making me feel so down & angry ^mercy^. I think accupuncture might help that too.

Good luck with your IVF, how long have you had to wait?

Megan ^cuddleup^

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Megan

I try to have acupuncture twice a month - once just before ovulation and once before my period is due - according to my acupuncturist - in order to nourish the uterus and regulate my cycle - but I am sure your therapist will recommend what is best for you individually. I think it also helps with the emotions - despite the fact that infertility it is the worst experience of my life, and I do still have very down times, the acupuncture lifts me out of it more quickly and I feel stronger in coping with it all. I think the emotional aspects are harder to come to terms with than any of the surgery/drugs etc. - I could take any amount of that if I thought it would get me the end result I really want!

We have had to wait about 2 months for our first IVF appointment (private) since making the phone call but it has been a long road to actually get to that point. I was due to start the drugs this month, but unfortunately the nurse discovered a large fibroid at my ultrasound which means that it is now delayed by a month until they investigate this further. I am hoping and praying that it won't be a problem and I get the all clear to start in July. The waiting is unbearable - especially as time is not on my side now.

Hopefully, the Clomid will work for you and you won't even get to the IVF stage! Good luck with the acupuncture - I highly recommend it.

Love Alison xx

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Alison

My emotions are the worst part too, being on Clomid makes them even worse. I will give accupuncture a go as I will try anything to get the end result. At the moment it feels like it will never happen....I know... keep my head up :(

I'm sorry about the fibroids hun but I know nothing about them. You sound like you really are going through a tough time emotionally, hope you get through it ok. The girls on this site are amazing and help no-end when you are feeling blue. Keep chatting to everyone to keep your spirits up as you need to be in the best emotional state possible for ivf - so I'm told.

Let me know the outcome and I wish all the baby dust in the world to you.

Megan
^fairydust^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts