Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies, and gents
just a quick question, i am awaiting a consultation at Derriford in Plymouth ivf clinic, but i know from 1996 test that i have endo. I have been told by someone i know that if you have endo that you need to change your diet????
At the moment my diet is limited as it is believed that i have a yeast intolerance (boy is this a pain yeast is in nearly everything) but seeing as i have to check all packets when i go shopping now any suggestions on what to avoid with endo??
thanks for your time in reading this.
and good luck
as you will see trying to concieve for a long time now, m/c last year (sis in law due same date as i would have) hard one to deal with
fingers crossed for everyone
love
pet
^angel^

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello Pet

Have you read a book by a nutrionist called Dian Mills, I think it is called 'Endometriosis - A Key to Healing Through Nutrition'. It really is an excellent book and deals very specifically with the way food and supplements etc., can affect endo - either good or bad. Some of it is quite hard to do - ie, cut out dairy, wheat, gluten etc., and I don't follow it exactly, but have cut out a lot of sugar, which apparently can make endo worse. I found it very interesting reading.

I haven't been trying to conceive for as long, but can completely appreciate how you feel about your sis in law. IF is such a hard thing to deal with. I was talking to my acupuncturist this week and she said that she treats a lot of patients all with different problems and that those with IF probably suffer the most emotional pain that she comes across.

I wish you success with everything - thank goodness for FF!

Love Alison xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Pet,

I have read Dian Mills book and also another one 'Coping with Endometriosis' by Jo Mears. Unfortunately the medical profession don't seem able to advise us ladies with endo on how to live with it.

I have found that cutting out wheat products really helps the pain, bloating and sugar cravings I used to suffer from. It's tough to keep to, especially when eating out but on the plus side I now cook and bake at home more than I used to which my DH is really happy about!

I also take extra (wheat-free) B vitamins, vitamin E and fish oil to boost my immune system and have something raw - eg fruit, salad, nuts or seeds - with every meal. I feel really well and as if I have regained some control over what's happening inside my body.

I wish you all the best.

Deni

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

Just wanted to say that I too have read "Endo -a guide to heaing through nutrition" and found it very interesting reading. I actually cut out wheat and reduced my sugar, dairy and of course alcohol consumption for about a year. not sure if it really helped with the endo as i also received tx within that time but I definitely felt healthier and lost quite a bit of weight too. Am now finding it difficult to get back on the straight and narrow - especially on the alcohol front! Sometimes you just need to take your mind off of things.

Sending lots of ^fairydust^.

Lou
x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pet,

P. S. I forgot to say this in answer to your original question about what to look out for when going shopping. Sainsbury's new Freefrom range is quite good(wheat and/or dairy free bread, cakes, pasta, sauces etc), although I've found by checking labels you can often buy ordinary things cheaper, and other major supermakets stock a lot of special diet stuff too. My local health shop sells a really nice wheat and yeast-free sourdough bread.

'The Big Book of Wheat-free Cooking' includes gluten and dairy-free as well as reduced fat recipes. It has a whole chapter on food intolerances and allergies and what to avoid (and what to buy!) when you're shopping.

Hope this helps.

Deni

·
Registered
52 Posts
Deni, the only way they can tell us to deal with it is by telling us to take medication and painkillers.

In other area's - get pregnant or have a hysterectomy.

X X

1 - 6 of 6 Posts