Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I was just wondering if any of you have been told that endo can have a bad effect on how your lining responds and/or on implantation. I have endo, need loads of oestrogen to get my lining thick and also bleed (lightly) between periods. My latest consultant is reluctant to treat the endo as my tubes are blocked and he thinks it only worth doing to improve egg quality if there was a chance we could conceive naturally (and we have been using donor eggs too ::) ). If I thought it would help I would press to get it done, but if it won't any difference I'll leave it for now. Any thoughts?

Best wishes
Jaq

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Jaq  :)

I've heard so many things about what endo can and cant do and I get really confused and wonder how many of them are just theories.  I can only tell you what my consultant told me.  He said that, with endo, all the problems are outside the uterus and once the embryos are transferred you have as good a chance as anyone the same age.  I choose to believe my consultant as it makes sense to me.

My Gynae consultant gave me the option of txing the endo but steered me to going streight for ivf.  I chose not to have surgery in the end (which included removing an ovary) but decided to go straight to ivf after Zoladex.  The IF clinic consultant seemed happy with this and seemed keen for me to leave well alone (and I'm trying to use my own eggs).  I personally feel that your consultant is right and if your endo is not bothering you too much then dont push for it to be treated. 

Hope this helps, but please go with your instincts  ;)

Good luck

Love

Reb
x

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Reb

Thanks for the reply. I have to arrange another appt with my IVF doc now - I don't know if he will suggest anything other than trying a cycle with our 2 frosties - trouble is, if I start bleeding again and they have been thawed it will all be a waste and then another 6 months or more to wait for another donor.
I have had a nosy in on your chats with Drew - some of the things you two said really made me laugh  ;D Thanks for cheering me up! I hope you are feeling more optimistic now and wish you the very best of luck for EC and beyond  ^reiki^

Love Jaq

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Jaq

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns about using your 2 frosties.  I hope the doc can come up something.

You're welcome to join us on the other thread  ;D

Love

Becca
x

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Jaq - Hi Bec,  ;)

I stumbled into this thread accidently because the topic is interesting - and here I am - posting to you lovely ladies!!!  ;)

So here's my five cents:

My lining is not really a problem for me because it grows accordingly with estrogen rise - although I have heard that for some ladies sometimes it is often not thick enough for implantation.  But like you Jaq - I need loads of stimms in order to get my estrogen to rise - so `oridinary' drugs like Clomid or estrogen tablets is useless to me.  (Altough I did successfully ovulated with Clomid once).  But Jaq - as long as your estrogen rise beautifully that's all needed for a good cycle.

I have heard that endo sufferers may have problems with implantation because of immune problems..etc.  But my doctor doesn't believe in things like that, and I have known many endo sufferers gone ahead and have healthy pregnancies (one lady I know have severe endo like me - and had one IVF baby and one natural baby - both girls). 

Your current consultant sounds like mine - one of my tubes is blocked as well - but he is not too concerned because with IVF the tubes are not needed anyway.  He has never given me meds for my endo.  I leave my endo alone (so she grows in peace  :( ) and whines whenever I am in pain...I have my doctor's phone number on speed dial.  :-[

Don't worry too much about it Jaq - I wish you all the best of luck.

U too Bec chicky!!!

Lv & hugs, Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts