Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I hope everyone is well today and sending (((((hugs)))))) to those in pain.

I have a question......

Once you are pregnant, does endo have any effect on your pregnancy and/or labour??

I was diagnosed with severe endo via a lap last week and will be going for laser treatment in January so am very much hoping this will increase chances of baby-making!

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

xxx
Juddy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,

I am kind of in the same boat as you.  I found out 8 months ago I had a cyst on my left ovary and edometriosis.  I had it removed.  The doctor had to take half of my ovary out.  So my husband I have been trying for 7 months after the surgery. I hope i get pregnant soon.

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Juddy

Good to meet u here hun

I think our paths have crossed on the nes site :)

I am sorry i cant really help with this one perhaps u could try posting the question on the ask a nurse section, one of the nurses may be able to answer it there

Lots of luck

Emilyxx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Juddy,
See my replies to Piedad and Joanna re my success after severe endo.  Re your question about pregnancy.  My endo felt much worse for the first couple of months after I got pregnant but then was fine.  Since I had my dd 6 yrs ago my endo has been substantially better.  Prior to that I was having surgery, laparoscopies etc. every few months.  Also I had very severe bowel symptoms (agonising going to the loo - sorry tmi!) and had been told I would need part of my bowel removing - this has cleared up completely since having dd.  I was worried when I was pregnant that I would have problems giving birth because of my endo but this turned out not to be the case.  In fact I felt so well I was at home doing the washing up within 24 hrs!
Hope this helps
Jackie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts