Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been told by my consultant that they can feel something 'that shouldn't be there'  :-\ and that it might be endo.  I explained that I have quite severe ovulation pains and that it hurt to wee around ovulation time but that I didn't really have painful periods, which is why I didn't really worry and didn't report it to anyone - does this sound familiar to anyone  ?  I have had several failed IUI cycles, according to tests nothing wrong to stop me getting pg but not happening, could it be due to endo ?  I am having a lap done in a few weeks, which I am really worried about, scared to death they're going to rupture something they shouldn't having read the risks..
Thanks you for any advice
Jojox

·
Registered
407 Posts
hi,
Firstly don't worry about the lap...I had one on Friday and feel okay now They tell you about the risks but I think problems are rare and they can fix things if it goes wrong.
It is important you find out if you have endo as it can cause problems and damage to your bits so try not to be too afraid and see it as a way to get some answers.
I was unexplained until Friday.....now I have a really long diagnosis!!!!!!!!
Still, at least I know what I am fighting and decisions can be made in the light of all information.
Try not to worry and I hope you have a positive outcome.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi JoJo,

Please don't worry about the risks of a lap - I know it's difficult but it's minimal. I have had 4 laps in the past 20 months, 3 for endo and one for ectopic and removal of tube  :(  They are not as bad as they sound and you really need to know whats going on inside you. I had endo but had it excised last March then again in Sept (bit more had grown and adhesions!) but, I never got actual bad painful periods, like most endo sufferers do. I got colic on the first day and quite painful ovulation and was weeing alot. My bowel was stuck to ovary and ureter inbetween  :eek:  so, not surprising really!!

Have you looked at the endo sites Endoaware and National endo society one ? they may give you some peace on mind.  :)

Good Luck.  Jo x

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a scan yesterday and due to the fact that my uterus is enlarged it is pretty much confirmation that I have endo of the uterus.  Aparently my ovaries are in good shape and from what they could see it is just in the uterus muscle.  Does anyone suffer the same problem? I am having a lap next Wednesday so will know more then but just so worried that it is going to take my fertility away  ???

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi JOJO again,

I havent actually had endo in the uterus, mine was in Pouch of Douglas and left ovary and bowel mostly. But, after my 2 laps I am now currently endo-free, and no adhesions either  :)

Try not to get too worried, there is lots they can do for you, it doesnt have to mean it will be a problem for your fertility ok.

Have u checked those endo site out yet? there will be girls there who can advise you more.

good Luck.  Jo xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.