Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. are hoping to start a cycle this month but have been left feeling confused. I have been bleeding since day 19 and it is now day 37 and I think this is a proper Af now really. She said at the scan that she thought it was properly the beginning of my cycle but I was flooding at the weekend. She said that I had a lining of 5. sometimething but as I said to her it was 5 . something on my cycle last year so perhaps I just don't get a very thin lining. My FSH was 6 which is good but she ssaid that that I had cyst which they may want to drain. Has anyone had this?I had a lap and dye in Jan and they were happy everthing was OK. would they be likely to stop us starting our cycle? The thing is every time we have to wait something else happens and I know that there is no way that I'll be able to get anything done within the next 6months. The NHS is a very slow process.

Has anyone had cysts and carried on with the cycle? Has anyone had the cysts drained during EC?

Any information would be gratefully received.

DiannaK

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi DiannaK,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but are they sure it is an endo cyst? I have quite bad endo and they discovered a cyst on my ovary during an antral follicle count (ultrasound scan) on CD2 but they thought it was probably a cyst left over from when I'd previously ovulated.

I was told to begin treatment (down regulating) and see what happens to the cyst as sometimes they can disappear during D/R. If it doesn't they will then check to see if it's affecting my oestrogen levels; if it is then they will have to aspirate the cyst before I can start the follicle stimulation stage. How big is your cyst and did they say it looked like a blood filled cyst on the scan? Have you started down regulating yet?

Elle x

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Elle

I spoke to the nurse today and they are going to let me start our cycle. Apparently these are definatelty endo cysts as they apparently look different on the scan. They have decided they are too small at the moment to do anything to and won't be able to drain these cysts during EC. Apparently I will have less ovarian tissue so probably fewer follicles. I am concerned as I've had chocolate cysts before, the last one ruptured. 

Has anyone had a BFP with cysts?

DiannaK

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Glad they aren't big cysts Dianna. From looking at your sig I have a similar history to you. They removed a choc cyst the size of a grapefruit along with the ovary/tube in 2002 and then put me on 6 months of Prostap to get my endo under control. They were the best 6 months for me as the endo went away for a while. I'm always frightened that the endo will destroy my only working ovary now, as it's already blocked my tube.

To answer you question, I have read over the years of women becoming pregnant with endo cysts. The sooner you d/r the better I would say so the cysts don't get any bigger. However the doctors won't let you start to stimm until they are sure the cysts won't be affected by the drugs by increasing etc, so the only thing you can do is wait until your baseline scan and see what happens.

I really hope the best for you Dianna and your forthcoming treatment  ^reiki^

Elle xx

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hi Dianna K

I've been having problems with DR currently on week 10 due to womb lining not thining and on last scan they found cyst on ovary and following a blood test it was shown to be causing the problem. Due to this I had to have it aspirated last week and I've been on tablets to make me bleed so I am now just waiting for my next scan due on tuesday to see if I can start stimms. Not sure if your in  the same situation as me as you have endo cysts but just wanted to reply to your post. Good Luck with your treatment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts