Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,
I had my first consultation today hoping that i would be on the road to actually starting a cycle. :)
No joy though :( Although i already knew i'd previously had endo,they said i've got a big cyst on the left ovary and PCOS.
I've got to go back in 10 weeks to see the 'progress' of the cyst. If its still there they will remove it but if its gone they mentioned the dye and tubes thingy.
As a result, im having a bit of a downer today as its all worse than i imagined. Anyone else been through this type of thing in thinking they would say one thing but it actually ended up worse?????
I'm just gutted!
minnie-me

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Minnie Me

I'm sorry your feeling down.  It's really hard when we get disappointing news but please dont worry.  I take it your going to have a lap to check your tubes and to try and remove the endo cyst.  I had an endo cyst on my right ovary which the cons could remove nt, but, he did drain it and it has nt filled up again  ;).  I've now got one on the other ovary but the cons is happy to leave it as it's only small.

It really hits you hard when you just feel you're getting set backs all the time, but consultants are used to dealing with these cysts and they dont stop you having ivf tx.

Your not  on your own hun.  Come and join us on endo chit chat tread.  Good and take care.

love

Becca
x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
O Minnie Me

Sorry, I hope I have nt frightened you about ivf, I've just realised that you have nt had your tubes checked so hopefully it wont come to that  ;).

Let us know how you get on.  Im sure you will be fine.

Becca
x

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Becca,
Dont worry about frightening me with ivf. Ive just about,(although not completely) prepared myself for just about anything. It was really weird because when i went for my scan, a student nurse was in there and asked how far i was into my cycle. The other lady had to correct her as i was looking at her with a vacant expression. It feels as though you take 2 steps forward and 1 back. I was hoping that the next appointment would be the dye test but now its just going to be this stupid cyst.
Do you know if the cysts that go away of their own accord actually burst instead of just shrinking?????

minnie-me

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Minnie

Ordinary cysts can come and go, ie shrink.  I dont think endo cyst shrink, but they can burst, as with ordinary cysts.  I'm guessing but i think if they expected your cyst to burst then they would not leave you  Why dont you call the consultant and ask what sort of cyst it is.

Ruth on the Ask a Nurse thread would be able to help you.

Plese dont worry.  I know when I was told I had an ordinary cyst I found the time between scans unbearable and worried myself silly.  It turned out that it just shrunk adn disappeared.

Take care

Becca
x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.