Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I haven't been on here for a while and not sure I am posting to the right place, but my user name used to be anneandpete. I feel I have had to change it, because recently Pete and I have split up.

The main reasons were infertility and the fact that he has a 2 year old son from a previous relationship - but I found this very difficult to deal with as being infertile, I became v.resentful, and felt that this was an achievement of something from his past relationship. This wasn't helped by that fact that I was made to feel as if it was my problem and that I had to deal with it. It was very hard and stressful for me. Needless to say Pete made the decision to leave the relationship.

The reason I am posting on the endo board, is because I have severe endo, and have had a laparotomy in June to remove cysts and laser away some of the endo, along with having my R.fallopian tube removed. I am now on a 3 month course of Zoladex, and have to go back into hospital for a hysteroscopy to remove a fibroid.

We were due to start IVF, but that is all up in the air now, and I just don't know what to do about it all to be honest, and I am not sure if I am still welcome at fertility friends as I am now partnerless.

Anyway enough from me. Good luck to all with your IVF treatments etc.

Luv n hugs
Anne-Mariexxxxxx

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dear Anne-Marie

I send so much love and hugs to you right now because you are going thru such a painful time made even worse with losing Pete's support!

Hang on in there and please feel free to spend time on all of these boards and get to know some of the other lasses who are going thru similar tx. There is one sure fire thing with this fantastic site, there is always someone out there who is going thru something similar to yourself who can either talk you thru it or walk with you and go thru it together.

You have made the right decision to stay with us and I am sure we will all do our best to make you feel welcome! If you want, you can always join the inbertweenie thread which is for those who are between tx. We do have a laugh in there every day and this can raise your spirits even on the darkest of days!

I look foward to seeing you there!

Love Dawn x

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hi Anne-Marie

First of all I wanted to say of course you are still welcome here! Secondly I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad time at the moment.

Infertility and endo are so difficult to deal with and even worse without a supportive partner.

I suspect you are too raw for some positive thoughts at the moment but I wanted to tell you about a friend of mine who was in virutally the same position as you. She had endo and a partner who provided little support and talked about it as her problem. They eventually split up but a little while later she met someone new and is now blissfully happy and thinking about having some more treatment. Her new partner is so kind and supportive.

Anyway sending you big hugs

Sophie
x

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^
I just wanted to send you my love,and say of course you are welcome on here,look after yourself see this as a new beginning and who knows what the future will hold,and I hope your dreams will come true. ^Cuddle^

lots of love mmmbop

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Anne - Marie,

My heart goes out to you, having to cope with endo is bad enough but now you are coping with something i can only imagine is much worse when you lose that support, i am sorry all this has happened and wish there was something i could do, but we will ALWAYS be here for you and NEVER EVER say you may not be welcome on here anymore, we wouldnt want you to be anywhere else, we are all your friends and if we can be here for you then we will.

Sending lots of hugs to you

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Anne-marie

Dont ever feel you cant still belong here as the others have said we are still your friends and always will be.

I too have a cousin who was on the list for fertility treatment when she split with her DH. But before she got to the top of the list she had met someone else who had the same problem and they are having treatment.

Good luck
Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there, I just wanted to say thanks for your kind words of encouragement, and its good to know that there maybe someone out there for me, who will be supportive for me.

It's so nice to know that you are all there for support and friendship, and your words really touched me.

Lots of love and hugs
Anne-Mariexxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Anne Marie,

So sorry about your news. My DH has children too and i found that resentment i had really difficult to cope with. Although he was supportive i felt it was almost my journey alone and that was hard to deal with.

We'll always be here for you, hun. Take the greatest care of yourself and hold on to all your dreams - they are there for your future ^Cuddle^

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi ann-marie.

so sorry to hear your struggle at the moment. i wish you well in your future.
And hope one day all your dreams come true..x.x.x ^Cuddle^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts