Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

hoping someone can answer my question...............

I suffer from ovulation pain for about 5 days or so and suffer from nausea with it.  Normally it's central, but this month it's more on my left side  Does that mean that I am definately ovulating from the left side?  The reason I ask is that I know my left ovary is stuck down behind the uterus and has a choc cyst.  Could it be the choc cyst causing the pain or is it ovulation?  If it is my left side ovulating then I dont have a chance this month.

Many thanks

Sheelz
x

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi sheelz  :)

i had a similiar sort of experience where the pain suddenly switched to quite localised left sided pain. turned out it was the chocolate cyst which then had to be removed. i wud suggest u have it checked out. perhaps a scan??? it cud hav increased in size or it cud just be ovulation pain but its better to have it looked at.
hope this helps and ur doing ok pain-wise!

tk care
zara

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Sheelz

I cant offer much more advice than zara really

I had a similar thing happening earlier this year

I suspected it was a choc cyst and was back and forth to docs

I had a routine scan for something else and i had 2 choc cysts

I tend to think u know ur body better than the docs!

I would definitly see ur gp at the very least to get checked out and perhaps ask for an ultrasound to check to see whats happening

Let us know how ur getting on
Best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Zara & Emily

thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  Been taking pain killers today, as I have quite an active job and involves a lot of walking and getting up & down from my desk & I found this was contributing to the pain.

Am due back at GP's in a week or so for blood results and have also made an appt to see the gynae who did my lap back in Feb 04.  At that time I did ask if further surgery was an option and he said the only surgery he could offer would be to remove the whole lot & as ttc, not a wise move.  Dont we just love these guys??  At the last scan on my 2nd IVF the cyst was still there, but size-wise I dont know.  I have an appt with cons for next month also, so will ask about it then & see if I can get a further scan.

Thanks again

Sheelz
xx

·
Registered
469 Posts
hi sheelz

i've just recently started feeling my ovaries during ovulation & i think it is definitely more painful when im ovulation from my right side which has a choc cyst. but dont let that stop you trying you never know.

this month i have started to bleed every couple of days during ovulation but it does not seem like fresh blood & it does not last long so god knows what goes inside during ovulation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.