Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered how other people find their endo effects them. I get bad pains for about three days leading up to AF, I then get bad pains on the first three days of AF and then they ease off for the next three days. After AF has finished i then get bad cramps and "bubbles" (which I've posted about before) for about 10 days after AF. These get gradually worse until ovulation when the pain stops until a few days before AF when the cycle starts all over again.

I just wondered if this is normal (although i use the term loosely) and how it affects other sufferers? I always feel guilty because it is such a private thing to deal with and there are times that, although it hurts, I can carry on with my life albiet a bit steadier than usual and there are times that it cripples me and I struggle to move, bend or stretch without it hurting. I worry that people, particularly work, think I am faking or that I use it as an "excuse" to get out of work. I have to admit that there are times that I can be in agony and can't work one day and then the next I can work and feel full of life and fine and I worry that this could affect peoples view of me if I am off one day and then the next day I go back to work and feel ok.

I have to admit I have got very good at hiding my pain as my Boss (male) can be very inappropriate with some of his questions and I don't like people knowing I'm in pain because they then bring up the subject of my infertility and that if I just "relax" I would fall pregnant which is the last thing I need when I am in pain.

i just wondered if this is something other sufferers get? I know my endo is fairly mild and some people have it a lot worse than me. I don't want people to think I'm moaning  :(

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya

Just a quick message as just on way out

But wanted to respond to say that what you explain is exactly what i experience during the month with exception of the bubbles, but can definitly say the pain i used to get prior to having my little one was exactly the same pattern

So in laws of average i would say its normal, well i hope it is honey

Why not pop across to the Endo chit chat thread and join us for a gossip over there we chat about endo, life in general and more or less anything really you would be more than welcome sweetie

Em

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Em. I will pop across.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts