Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 32 years old and have suffered with en-dometriosis since the age of 15.  Was diagnosis with stage IV endo a few years ago, which is too severe to have recommended surgery without potential big risks.  Was in too much agony to try for a baby at that stage.  However I seen a nutrionalist a couple years ago and after making a few changes my pain is far more manageable, and I have considerably reduced the pain killers I have to take.  The main difference being that I cut wheat completely out of my diet.  Due to the reduced pain I am now able to attempt IVF, my endo has created a few complications, but at least I have hope.
I just thought I share this info in case it might help anyone.
Goodluck to everyone who is ttc.

Kerry

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Kerry

Thanks for the info.  It's sounds really encouraging.  I've not tried changing my diet as I had a long period of 7 yrs without any pain, but that changed after 1st ivf neg.

Glad to read that you can now start tx.  Good luck  ^reiki^

Becca

x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Kerry

Thanks for sharing with us

Is it the Dian Mills diet that u r following??

I do partly follow the wheat free diet, but i am on lactose and dairy free diet, altho some of the things in the range of foods that i eat is wheat free.

I have found that it has helped my endo a little, altho at present i am waiting for af and am sure u know how it goes :(

I seem to find pain is a lot worse at night so i am up all night and sleep most of the day atm.

Today is not my best day

Its good to know that the diet has helped you so that u can try ivf thats such good news

I am to be put on a course of zoladex to help me come off the pain killers and then i will be able to have the ivf that i need.

I am sorry that ur endo has caused us such problems

If u ever fancy a chat about anything endo pain if anything at all feel free to email me or im me

Best of luck with ur ivf tx

Emilyxx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Emily

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time.

Yes I did go and see Dian Mills a few times where she put me on very high doses of different vitamins and recommended changes to my diet, where wheat appeared to be make a different.  For years I had constant pain every day where my cysts are.  When I cut wheat out of my diet this pain disappeared but only to reappear when I ate wheat again.  After about 18 months of this diet I now find I can eat a little bit of wheat without any consequences, although I am too wary to go back to my old ways.  The only thing I wish I did it years earlier, hence I would recommended to try and cut it completely out for a period of time to see if it makes any difference.

Good luck in coming off the pain killers.

Take Care

Kerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.