Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a tubal reversal in April of 2004.  We still have not conceived.  I am now having painful periods.  I went to ER and they couldn't find anything.  I was told it is possibly endometriosis.  Can you explain this condition.  And could the surgery cause this.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi Firemans wife,

Endometriosis is a condition where bits of the lining of the uterus ( the endometrium), are outside of the uterus for example round the ovaries, ligaments and tubes. Because the endometrium is shed every month under hormonal control, the endometriosis also bleeds, into the pelvis. It has no-where to go and can cause inflammation and cysts. It also is one of the causes for very painful periods.
My doctor told me that if its very severe it can cause infertility by causing adhesions and tubal blockage, but in most cases of endometriosis, it isn't known how it causes IF ( its thought that it might interfere with transport of the embryo down the tube). Also you can have severe endomtriosis and have no symptoms of it, and painful periods and no endometriosis, so its a bit complicated.
I would have thought that if you had a tubal reversal in April they would have seen any endomtriosis during the surgery - you might want to ask the surgeon at the time. I dont' think that tubal reversal can cause endometriosis.

Good luck,

Suzy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts