Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diagnosed with Endo, 2 weeks ago, severe enough to be referred immediately for IVF treatment. Just wondered if anyone out there has had severe endo and been lucky to have had children through IVF therapy. Also there is so much information to take in about what clinics are available and I wondered if anyone knows what the best clinic is in scotland or england. At this moment in time I am prepared to go anywhere. help or advice from anyone would be appreciated.
H

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that I am going through so many emotions just now, and crying alot of the time. My hubby must be at his wits end with me. I just need some reassurance. I have been on every kind of information site these last 2 weeks, and today someone told me about this site.
Thank you so much for you reply
H

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi H,

I know this must be a very worrying time for you. I was diagnosed with moderately extensive endo in 2002. I was referred for IVF treatment and was lucky to concieve on my first try. I have a 2 year old daughter, so it is not the end of the world. IVF can be very successful for people with endometriosis.

The HFEA has brought out a guide to all the clinics in the UK with their up to date success rates. If you log on to their website you can order a free copy of it, you may even be able to download it in PDF format. Sorry I don't know the url - but if you type HFEA into a search engine you'll find it.

Good luck, and please try not to worry. It's not an easy road, but it will be a worthwhile one.

All the best,

Holly

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
H,

Hang in there.  You are about to start on a very steep learning curve about endo, IVF and picking clinics.  There are many more kind people like Holly who will help and share their experiences.

Hope lives here.  I was very down when I found this site and I found hope again, made very good friends and have learned so much.

x,
Almamay

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holly and Almamay thanks for the information, it gives me something positive to look forward to seeing your beautiful child. It your right it gives some hope. My emotions are all over the place but I do know there are many more in my situation. A did get that HFEA book but find it very difficult to understand. It states the number of cycles is very important and the more cycles the better you will be able to work out what is a good clinic but I just dont figure that out at all. it looks as though there is a place in london called the reproductive centre and it has the highest success but this may be rubbish. If anyone is able to tell me how to understand the book I would be very greatful.
H

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi H,

It's a nightmare choosing a clinic as you cant just go by the success rate.  My cons told me some clinics may have a high success rate because they may be sellective about who they treat.

When you do ivf you will need to attend the clinic for scans and blood tests.  Each clinic varies on the amount of times they will expect you to attend, so location may be important (unless you can stay with someone).  If I was you I'd phone a few clinics for them to send you an information booklet with their most recent results (the results on the **** site I think are from 2002).  I would also ask them for there success on endo patients.  After speaking to the clinic and reading the booklets you may get a feel for which one you feel comfortable.  Clinics that succeed in certain areas will (and rightly so) boast their success.  My cons told me to look out for a clinic that has fewer cancelled treatments prior to EC as I was expected to be a poor responder.  This may not be a problem for you and I have to say none of my cycles were cancelled anyway.

I only have experience of my clinic, which I have faith in, but that said, I have'nt had a positive result yet.  I'm sorry I cant be of more help but I wish you all the success.  Endo girls DO succeed with ivf  ;)

Love

Becca
x

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
H,

One other thought on chosing a clinic.  Call them up and ask for info.  Most have lots of info to send and most of them have open evenings once a month.  Definetly go to them.  You will know what clinic is right for you, it's hard to tell until you are there. 

Good luck,
Almamay

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Becca
Thankyou for you information, everyone who is replying is so nice on this site, and take the time to share thoughts and information which is so nice.
I really appreciate the questions you have mentioned which I should be asking.
The gyne has now prescribed a drug called Triptorelin, and the thought of it frightens me, reading other peoples stuff i found out that they were taking HRT and that scares me too, as why has he not given me that. Do you know anything about this.
Also thanks to almamay for your advice it is good to have people going through the same thing as me.
Thanks
love h x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.