Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am 39 and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 4 years.  I was diagnosed with endo quite early on. I have  lost almost 5 stone to get on the NHS list to have IVF but whilst I got my BMI down to 28 for the last IVF still nothing:(  In the last two IVF cycles they found endo in my ovaries but I don't understand why the IVF won't work if the eggs seem ok (better grade this time than 1st one).  Is it possible that perhaps my uterus is also perhaps scarred from the endo and the eggs therefore cannot attach properly?  I had problems with my periods for years (since I was 15) and they put me on the pill for 20 years to manage the endo but never bothered to diagnose the problem which has probably left me totally infertile.  Can any1 give me any ideas to try next time.  I want to try again in a few months but don't think I will do anymore than that as its just so hard to cope when you have to deal with another Big Fat Fail.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Hobbitt!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

First, congratulations on you amazing weight loss! 5 stone is fantastic! I don´t know much about Endo, but I can point you in the direction of the endo section on FF ~ CLICK HERE I am sure the lovely ladies there will be able to answer your questions.

Here are a few other links that I think might help you.

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

Keep a diary of your treatment (or read the experiences of others) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts