Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm a newie here so let me introduce myself and tell you where we're at at this time in our ttc.

My names louise and i'm 25. I have a gorgeous little boy who is now 8 years old. Myself and DH (who is dad, but not biologically) have been ttc  baby number 2 for 3 years now. After a year of trying we were passed onto the gyne department who ran tests and i was diagnosed with pcos in september 2003. After a further 2 years and many tests later, they were topped off by a lap and dye this december just gone where i was also told i have severe endometriosis which has now damaged my fallopian tubes. I was told 15 mins after opening my eyes from the op that my tubes were only just patent and i would most certainly need some kind of fertility treatment to concieve. Since then i feel i've been in limbo as i haven't been able to talk to a pro since, however i go back on thursday so hopefully i'll get some more answers. And FINALLY reffered onto the fertility unit.
One of the main concerns is exatly how patent and how usable my tubes are, or if we will need ivf because my tubes are too damaged. I also wonder if my pcos has a knock on affect on the endo. I only have AF every 7-9 months, so i can't help thinking if this and my dodgey hormones cause the endo to build up and cause more scaring. I also know that i don't ovulate anymore.

I'd love to have a chat, so feel free even just say hi. It feels better to talk to wome who can relate to this. I thought ttc would be one of the most special times of my life, but it's really blood traumatic ) I guess that bfp will be even more special.

Good luck everyone
Love

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Louise

My name is Emily, and as my signature says, i have pcos diagnosed in 1994 and endo diagnosed in 2001.

TTC should be a special occasion for us ladies but sometimes its not to be, which is a shame but when u get that BFP it will be even more magical :)

If ever you need to chat feel free to email me or send me a message sweetie.

A useful site for Endometriosis is this one

www.Endoaware.co.uk

Theres also this thread and i do hold a endo/infertilty chat session in the chat room every few weeks, and also the endo chit chat thread, helps you to get to knowother ladies with the same position.

Lots of luck for ur appt on thursday

Emilyxx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Hi Emily

Thank you for your reply your a babe, it's very much appreciated, your the first i've met who has pcos and endo like me, although i'm sure there are many.

Are you going through any treament at the minute ?
I really have my fingers crossed for you.

I'm really interesting in the chat sessions when are they and how do i get there.

Thanks emily, hope to talk again soon
Love
Louise

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello there
I'm also a newie and this is my first message!

I too have endo and PCOS and sometimes it feels like such a curse. It's comforting to know that i'm not alone as for years I have felt so alone in suffering with these two conditions as i don't know anyone that has both.

I'm scheduled to have an op in May as my hubby an I find intercourse very painful and uncomfotable for me - probably due to the endo. I don't have any other endo symptoms.

The sex part is not easy when we also want children - having sex kinda helps! It seems like everyone around us is pregnant and some are even on their second whilst we're not even able to have sex properly. Some days are better then others but i'm not having the best of days today - probably because my hubby's cousin has just announced her pregnancy so kinda feeling a bit lost. Especially since both sets of famillies keep dropping hints about being grandparents! We haven't told anyone about what's happening with us so we both paint these happy smiles and as we're both cheerful people by nature (although this message may not sound like it!) no-one can imagine what's going on on the inside.

Anyway ladies, i hope your're both doing fine and would be great to hear from you. Sorry to sound so down about things.
xxx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Louise & Emily & Sarita ^daisy^

Hi my name is Niquita, I also suffer with PCOS (dx this year) & Severe Endo (dx 9 yrs ago).

Have been feeling a little down lately cause my BF is only 20 and doesn't want children for another 4-5yrs, I'm so worried by then it's going to be to late. He's the first guy that I've every really loved (I tried to give him an Ultimatum the other night and he was willing to leave me, cause he's not ready, but I just couldn't let him go. I said that I would give up my dream of being a Mother, Deep down this really hurts me, but I don't want to blame him, it's not his fault that I have these  ^furios^ diseases.

Love to you all & hope to speak to you soon.

Niquita ^Butterfly^ ^Butterfly^ ^Butterfly^ ^Butterfly^

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Louise

I to have endometriosis so your really not alone.  I just wanted to say good luck with the appointment on Thursday.  I hope they can answer some of your questions. Let us know how you get on.

take care
natstwinkle 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts