Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies

I am going over to Barcelona in the next few weeks for donor egg embryo transfer and I need to source Estraderm patches and cyclogest pessaries.  I have found the patches but the pessaries I can only find if I have a prescription which I don't, well only from Barcelona and that's not valid in the UK.  A UK based IVF clinic can't help me as they are not treating me.  I haven't asked my GP yet.

Can someone help me from their own experience?

Thank you.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It is worth asking your GP but one problem here is that if you ae going to IM they start you off on 200mg pessaries which aren't available in the UK. There is an Italian pharmacy not sure how it works but this is the website. If you put a post on IM cycle buddies under rx outside the uk you may find someone who knows more. I've just found this from Plip

I ordered my meds from the Italian Pharmacy, they were brilliant, ordered on friday delivered on monday. The lady to email is Monica, I emailed her the prescription from IM and she pretty much sorted it all out for me.
I paid 30 Euros for their quick delivery service, their slower 4 or 5 day delivery is 10 Euros.
box of patches was Euro 15 (8 patches per box) and
box of prog was Euro 5.28 (15 per box)
Contact details for the pharmacy are; [email protected]
tel ++39 0141 982653 [fax same no.]
http://www.farmaciacerati.it/English/index2.htm

Come and join us!

·
Registered
623 Posts
2 more thoughts - if you are going to ask your GP might be worth phoning the surgery and finding out if any of them have an interest in infertility - they may give you it as a private prescription by the way. 

Also you could always halve the pessaries - just remembered IM said i could do this

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi

Just to let you know pessaries are available in 200mg in the UK. I have just been prescribed some by my GP.

Good luck
Suex

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I got 200mg cyclogest pessaries in North London no problem pm me if you need a contact pharmacy or ALi in Tamworth but you would need a UK script
L x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts