Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's ET was cancelled this morning due to severe OHSS.  Three embryos have been frozen for possible future transfer. 
Can anyone tell me what the chances are of the OHSS occurring again and whether future IVF cycles are possible or would she be at risk again.  The doctors are unsure as to what has caused the condition as she only produced 8 eggs.  There is a possibility that one of her ovaries is bleeding. Until that point everything had gone very well. She showed no signs of OHSS until after EC.

She is being looked after well in hospital. 
From a very worried MUM

PS Any chance of a board for concerned Mums, Dads, In laws and friends?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi would be granny

I am sorry - I don't know much about OHSS as this is my first cycle (&completely paranoid about OHSS) but I just wanted to wish your daughter well.

Sounds like she is in the best place.

Warm wishes

Buddug

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Hi would be granny,
You are very welcome here, will think about another board as you suggest. OHSS can occur in two places, one before or at the point of egg collection, the other after embryo transfer in response to early pregnancy. It is unusual for someone to suffer when only a small number of eggs were collected but anything is feasible in fertility treatment. There is always the chance of it happening again but having had it this time, there should be sufficient info from this cycle with bloods and scans to avoid it in the future. Hopfully she won't need to consider stims again as she has the frozen embryos to use first. She is in the best place possible and I am sure she will be well again very soon.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you,buddug, for your kind message.  I know my daughter finds her message board ( not this one ) a great comfort and now I am finding FF so helpful.

Ruth - thanks for your information.  She is feeling pretty dreadful at the moment but is no worse than this morning, thank God. We will be seeing her tomorrow.  I felt she needed her husband today without any other distractions. Thank you again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts