Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies
Just a quick question that i hope you can help with. I was wondering if any of you guys were asked about/told about, during the (frozen) embryo transfer procedure, the size of speculum that was being used? I.e a big, medium, small or one size fits all!

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Thxxxxx.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Sarita  ;D

I was really worried about this, but my speculum was changed during et for a longer thinner one!  I think they go for the best fit for you, so don't worry they won't be using a huge one, unless of course it's necessary  ;) ;D

Best of luck, really you will be absolutely fine, just ensure that your bladder is as full as comfortable and you take the position they ask you to, I had to push my bum into the bed.

Loujx  :-*

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
The 2 clinics I've been to have done trial embryo transfers and see what size catheter and speculum.
L x

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanxx ladies, am quite worried about this as i've never been able to have a successful smear test as the speculum thingy causes me quite searing pain so am very anxious about my ET which is this Tuesday! Argggghhhhhhh - where's that case of of wine! xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts