Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Morag and others that know me on here, just a quickie post to let you know that my Beta HCG yesterday (14+3) is 1011.

Excited, nervous and everything in between  :)

Wishing love and luck to those still walking, as we all are, towards meeting our child..

xx

·
Registered
990 Posts
Wow, wow, wow.  That,s given me goosebumps so god knows how you feel.  Absolutely everything is tightly crossed for you.  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh wow Roxy what brilliant amazing news
So happy for you, stay positive lots of love
Sam
X

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Ladies  I'm just starting to think about Eugin - they look really good.  Does anyone have any experience of having immune treatments with them?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi Seekingpeace  and welcome.  Didn't want to read and run but can't answer your question though.  Good luck.

·
Registered
622 Posts
hi SeekingPeace

This is a long time after you posted but in case you're still wondering... Eugin don't treat immunes.  They feel that it is not scientifically proven that immune treatment works and so they don't offer it.

I did a cycle with them and did the immunes with ARGC (got a positive but then miscarried) and then some years later, I did a cycle with them again (because I really liked them) and this time i did my own Clexane (blood thinner) as I already had this from a previous cycle; I persuaded them to give me prescriptions for Intralipids (and then had infusions in London with the prescriptions following a protocol I"d used before); and finally, and for the first time out of 4 IVFs I decided NOT to use Prednisalone.  I felt that some evidence shows they do not know how these steroids affect the baby and so I didn't want to have it.  Also I had done some research which shows that in SOME cases, taking steroids to reduce the effect of immune issues can have the opposite affect.

So for me, it worked without using Prednisalone, and I would really recommend Eugin.  But it is so different for everyone - that's for sure.

Hopefully you've got sorted somewhere by now, or even with Eugin.  Good luck wherever you're at!

Artist xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello is there anyone there?

Seems this board is not really active but thought I'd try.  I found it so nice and supportive last time. 

We are heading back to see if we can bring home a sibling. We have a single frosty, so the chance is low but as my hubby puts it either way, we are all coming home.

·
Registered
990 Posts
HI Kiwi chick

Yep it's pretty quiet on here these days but I think a few of us are still about.  I too found this a great support when I was heading back and forth to Barcelona so I keep a bit of an eye out for posts.

Great news and good luck - when do you go?

Morag

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Morag,
We head out last week of May.  Just worried that hubby and I have gotten our hopes up. Understandable as it worked on our 'one last try' but I guess it's normal.

How are you?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi Kiwichick

Dare I ask how you got on?  Have been thinking about you but just never seem to have the time to post.

I hope you're all ok either way.

Morag
xx

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi this board seems a bit quiet but if anyone is out there please could you share your experience of eugin's clinic. Many thanks. Baby dust to all. Xxx

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi and welcome Jane

It is quiet at the moment but I still lurk as I found this thread so supportive when I was at Eugin. 

I like Eugin but then I have 2 children from 3 cycles with them so I'm a bit biased  ;D  My experience is that they are very professional and are results focussed.  Their communication can be a little slow at times (although when it mattered they did respond) but when you are there they couldn't be better.  And more recently the response times have been much quicker, it is possibly a little unfair to comment on my experience during my first cycle in 2012.  If you want a small friendly clinic who will hold your hand all the way through then Eugin probably isn't the one for you but I wanted a child not a new friend.  The Doctors and embryologists that I met were great and as I say I have 2 children and had one chemical pregnancy in betwen. 

And Barcelona is a fantastic city to visit.

Good luck - I'm happy to answer any questions if I can.

Morag
xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi sorry if anyone has asked the same recently but I'm thinking of going to Spain for DE and IVI and Eugin seem reputable. What's the difference between the 2 and what are the costs like. Do they vary much

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thanks Morag. I did contact the clinic but what I was interested in is a pregnancy guarantee programme. I am not sure if they do one or not as the information they sent me back was about egg donation only. Great to hear your positive experiences with the clinic and congratulations on your two children. I've not ruled them out yet. Xxx

·
Registered
622 Posts
hi Editha

you seem very well organised as well as chatty!  I just wanted to wish you best of luck with your treatment.  I really like Eugin, its a great clinic, both professional and friendly which is a good combination.

As you can see from my signature, we were 3rd time lucky with Eugin (we went elsewhere between cycle 2 and 3). 

Good luck with your tests and I hope you get to holding your baby in the new year...

XX

·
Registered
81 Posts
So it’s been like 3 years since I was active on here.
We had our boy on the 13/7/2016 having had used Eugin after that the spare egg was frozen for a year and after they contacted us what we wanted to do. Keep and pay the fee or donate, destroy etc We opted to donate for re search.
Well so a little out of nowhere my husband said he contacted eugin to ask if they still had the egg to which they said yes!!!
So now I am kind of freaking out a little trying to get my head round if we will try again.
I will be 44 years old in may and didn’t have a easy birth but I would obviously love a sibling for our son.
Has anyone here had two successful goes in a row?

321 - 338 of 338 Posts