Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone.

Just joined today and hopefully I can give everyone who is experiencing the emotional turmoil that is infertility / IVF / ICSI a little ray of hope.

My wife and I lost our first baby 3 years ago.  It was an ectopic pregnancy and it was just one of the worst experiences I think anyone could go through.

Moving on from there after a lot of heart ache and upset we tried in vein to have another baby and 2 years ago we finally contacted the GP to discuss IVF. 

After many months of waiting (and the hospital losing our records!) we began the treatment in March... 4 weeks ago my wife had to take a pregnancy test and lo and behold it was positive!

Since then we've had to endure loads of morning sickness and to be honest, we're taking every day as it comes.  Each one is a blessing and everyday that passes is a day closer to our dream of becoming a family.

Last Thursday we were at the hospital to have a scan with them to ensure that everything was ok.  To see our little babies heart pounding away on the screen was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life.  Beautiful.  We've been told by the hospital to report back to our GP from now on and we have a due date of the 7th December.  Its still very early days, and we're both aware of the pitfalls that could lie ahead, but every day is a miracle and we keep hoping and preying that we might be lucky.  For the immense joy we have had these last few weeks since the pregnancy test and then the scan we have something we will always treasure.

We never expected it to work on the first cycle, but its going very well. Infertility treatment is a minefield, both physically and emotionally and from our experience all I can say is keep talking to one another and more importantly, keep listening to one another too.

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^thank you^ for your Post paul
Its always heartwarming to read of success after sadness,
the IVF/treatment concieved baby is always special and FF has a places for you and your DW
to continue posting if you wish. and of course you can reply to others if you can help them too ;)

Bun in the Oven
CLICK HERE

Congratulations, have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

~Dizzi~

·
Registered
6 Posts
congradulations Paul....to you and your wife. That is awsome. Unfortunitly for us, we just failed our first cycle, but will try again in a few months. Hopefully we will be lucky on the second go around. Good luck guys..hang in there... ^hugme^

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the messages...

I know we're not out of the woods yet, as its very early days, but like I said, everyday is one closer to where we want to be.

Danielle_07, keep hope in your heart.  Its the most important thing, along with just talking with your other half. 
I'm sure everything will turn out for the best.

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi BFCpaul and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

I just wanted to wish you and your wife congratulations on the positive result after the heartache you have endured and i wish you all the luck for the future.

Kate xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts