Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal?  only day 6 into stims and noticed I had ewcm today, been fairly dry up until now (TMI sorry!)

I have done a search and seen posts saying it is normal, but just wanted some extra reassurance

thanks

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

As you mentioned, there's loads of posts asking the same question so I'm sure you saw from those that it's completely normal.

In natural cycle, your cm is "controlled" by the varying levels of hormones...oestrogen before ovulation and progesterone after........well with an IVF cycle, it's similar but we obviously have drugs that control those hormones.

Before ovulation the higher levels of oestrogen mean your cm is more watery/lotiony and as ovulation approaches, it becomes thinner, clearer and stretchier ie ewcm......with IVF your oestrogen levels will be higher because you have more follicles being produced......so you'll notice more cm.

Honestly, it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about....I'd take it as a good sign that you've got some good follies growing !

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks minxy - can always count on you to talk sense to us!!  :-*

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pie Pig,

I'm soooooo glad you asked - if you look at the Oxford chat pages you'll see I had the exactly same worry the other day. I was panicking that my eggs were about to be released. It's my 7th day of stimming today, and this became more noticeable for me from day 5. We must be really close in our cycles. When is your first scan? Mine is Friday. Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ coming your way

Jo

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is tomorrow!!  goodluck for friday  ^reiki^

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hope it goes well.

Jo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts