Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people have the opposite problem but I'm a bit concerned about how much my little boy (14mths old) sleeps.

He will sleep at least 12 hours at night, sometimes as much as 14 hours.  He will then sleep 2-3 hours in the morning and afternoon, unless we are out.

He is not lethargic when he is awake and plays etc.  He doesn't walk but is crawling.

I'm sure he is ok, but am a bit worried as all my friends baby's hardly sleep at all.

Thank you for any advice!

Sal

·
Registered
655 Posts
I did ask for one like that but unfortunately I got a mini insomniac...

ahhh well...

I think Jayne's little one Ben sleeps quite well too.

I'm sure it's fine as they all seem to be very different.

By the time they are 15 I'm sure they will all be lazing in bed til midday, regardless!

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Sal

My little girl sleep from 6'ish in the evening till 7.30am the next day, she only has about an hour nap during the day though, so please don't worry, it seems its quite common for some to be a little lazy ;) !

Amanda x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hiya Sal

My 16 month old and 28 month old sleep from about 7p.m. to 7.45a.m and then have between 1 and 2 hours nap during the day, depemnding on what we've done or how well they slept (although mainly sleep through).

My 16 month old is only crawling and cruising too.  I wouldn't be too worried as it is perfectly normal.

Karen x

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Mine too Sal, he's 15 months and will sleep between 12-13 hours at night and at least 2 hours in the afternoon which I occasionally have to wake him up from.

Babys are like the rest of us, they vary from person to person.

Don't worry just enjoy the peace and quiet.

Cindy

·
Registered
24 Posts
My little girl is 22 months old and sleeps 12 hours at night and 2-3 hours in the day. My son did the same until he was about 3 so I think it must be quite usual.

I must admit though, all of my friend's children seem to drop daytime naps at around 18 - 24 months but in some cases it the parents who take the lead in stopping the naps (because naptimes break up the day, limit what you can do with the older children etc) whereas I was always happy to let mine sleep if they wanted to!

I wouldn't worry your son sounds fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies!  I am now reassured that I am just very lucky!  Long may it continue!!

Sal  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.