Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo all,
I am new to this IVF adventure and have a few questions about exercise limits during IVF, which I thought some of you might be able to answer or give experience.  Just a brief background -I’m 42, doing first ICSI at the Oxford Fert. Unit, currently on day 4 of stimming and so far going OK. 
I’m concerned that doing too much high intensity exercise might be bad during the IVF cycle, and I recall an American Internet article, which I skimmed over about a year ago and since have not been able to locate again (muddle headed already!), – it was saying something along the lines that although you might feel bloated and heavy during follicle stimulation part (and hence not feel like running or much else for that matter!) that it was unwise to get the body’s temperature up too high during this stage and through the TWW etc.

I couldn’t get much of an answer when I asked the clinic about t this, and so, I’m wondering if anyone else has any information or advice.  I’m a fairly active person (per week: cycle ~120km, row ~40km, run ~30km) and although I’ve cut back exercise over this last ghastly winter, I’m hankering to get outside and back in to training again. IVF does not need to stop me enjoying life and it’s stress reducing endorphins, yes???  Or should I simply slow down and not heat up too much...

Any thoughts? Or simply warn me that in a couple more of days stimming I really wont want to be doing much at all!!! LOL
B

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
There are cots of threads on Ff if you do a search but i believe the general principles are to only do exercise in moderation- u do so much! Made me tired just reading it- it's not so much the gloating and uncomfortable feelings but that exercise++ diverts the flow from the uterus that you want full of blood and thick to implant the embryos, ask your clinic but Zita west book advice is only in moderation.  It's only a few weeks !!
Good luck with your cycle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks for the reply JJ1!

What you said about the concept of taking essential blood supplies away from fertility/growth related functions etc. makes complete sense and I think that was mentioned in the article I read (also I'm going to search the lists much harder now). Thank you for the heads up.

I find it's hard to not exercise:I love the endorphins, it keeps the blues at bay, it makes life bearable...and the upshot of all that means it also helps me obsessing about IVF too much!! LOL

so a few weeks of moderation is not so bad. I noticed you are the same age as me- Good on you and good luck for the future tries too :)
hugs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts