1,509 Posts
yes I did
It was easy to arrange with a courier called Kotos

Need more info then ask

Dawn

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am planning to use California Cryobank (www.cryobank.com) when I have my tx at IM Barcelona. It is a very easy cryobank to use and I know of a couple of ladies who have imported sperm from them to Spain. I want to use an identity-release donor and there are several to choose from. I have already chosen mine...I had great fun!:)

PS - Best of luck in choosing a clinic. I know how difficult it is - it took me three months to finally make up my mind.

Good luck!

Clara x

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Molly

I have chosen IM Barcelona for several reasons - I wanted to go to Spain for treatment as it is convenient and easy to get to. At IM Barcelona communication is excellent, they respond to e-mails quickly and are very informative; they welcome single women (beware - some clinics do not accept single women for treatment); their success rates are good, they have plenty of donors and they will provide you with a back-up donor if the first one fails to produce enough eggs; they will allow me to export donor sperm from the US and last but not least, Dr Olivares apparently looks like George Clooney, so at least there will be decent eye candy while I'm having my treatment! ;D

Of course IM Barcelona is an expensive option but I'm optimistic that they will deliver and I'll get a BFP first time! I can but hope...

Clara x

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Hi Molly,

Yes, I think Dawn meant Kosta, who heads up Kynisi courier stytems. I have sent you an IM with his details. He is very professional and has tranported dh's sperm a number of time. Wishing you all the best with your future tx.

Sasha.

·
Registered
85 Posts
DR O doesn't remind me of George Clooney he reminds me of Albert Melina the actor.  I don't like to make too much eye contact with Dr O as I always seem to be in stirrups at the time, not my best angle I'm afraid LOL !!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Molly,
Just to say there has been quite a bit in the abroadies threads recently about comparing clinics and reasons for choosing.  It would be a bit of a trawl, but if you go through the last few there is loads of stuff.  Look at chapters 15 and 16. Lisa is also working on a database which will collate all this info eventually.
There is also a thread I set up about accommodation in Barcelona.  It's in the going abroad for TX section too. 
Good luck.
Bluebell xxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.