Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm a bit apprehensive.  We had our initial home visit back in February and were asked to start the application process straightaway.  Since then we've completed the adoption application form and been accepted to start the process.  We are due to have our medicals next week and have been told by the Adoption Manager that she would like to allocate us an adoption worker / put us on the preparation course by the end of June. 

I had an email today from one of the ladies who visited us in our initial home visit and she said she wanted to come see us again to "complete adoption assessment".  Now I don't know if this is something to be concerned about or whether she is coming to book us onto the preparation course etc. 

Anyone had another visit after their initial visit before being assigned an adoption worker?

I'm probably worrying about nothing but thought it best to check with others x

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi RedPepper,

Not sure if I can help but wanted to say hi, rather than read and go.

After our initial visit we didn't see anyne for months (we had a very long wait for prep course), but just before our prep course we were sprung with a VERY short notice visit from our allocated SW to introduce herself. She did go over more of the same stuff that the initial visit did.

I think they were checking that we were still keen, and that the info they had was still correct. perhaps yours is the same kind of thing? Not everyone on the prep course had had this second visit...we gt the impression it depended who your SW was and how they persnally like to work.

Try not to wrry, the fact they've done your medicals already and that they've told you they want to put you n the prep course all sund like good signs. In my experience SW's don't like to say something unless they are really confident about it!

Hope this helps! Good luck with it all, be yourself, and be patient with any repeat of questins already asked (that seems to happen a lot during the prcess!  ::) and you'll be fine.

E xxxx

Sorry for typos, we have some missing letter from our keyboard!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

We had pretty much the same scenario.  After contacting HCC, they sent round a sw for an initial visit and a general chat about the reasons why we were going into adoption and had a look round the house.  This was all fine, then we had an official invite in the post soon afterwards.  After completing the initial form to say yes we are interested, they then sent round another sw, who went more into detail about the whole process etc.

It is definately nothing to worry about, just how LA's work.  It is worth relaxing, as the HS is quite intrusive, but as long as you are open and honest everything will be fine -  :)

All the best for your new journey  :) :)

Coops
x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts