Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got diagnosed with POF last year (aged 38) and it was a real shock. Even though I suspected something was up way before, I really wasn't ready for that news. I had a spate of hot flushes last summer and no periods for 3 months. I've had a few periods since, a bit sporadically, but still not joy ttc with my DH.

I feel like I've been absolutely rubbish at doing anything much about looking into options. I bought a book on premature menopause and have read a few things online about egg donation, but feel very overwhelmed at the sheer volume of information to wade through. Has anyone else felt like this? I feel guilty like I should be getting on with research and not waste more time, but at the same time I have no enthusiasm to become an expert on the ins and outs of egg donation. And the thought of scheduling in lots more medical appointments is off putting.

The last few months have been a bit up and down. I get weepy quite a bit. At times I  feel like an irrational mad woman! I catch myself glancing enviously at babies in prams and push chairs and pg women. I guess I do have plenty of mood swings. But no real change there as I've had those for years anyway. I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for work and writing a blog, which I used to be very active on.

I've tried talking to my DH about it a bit more (something I mentioned I was also rubbish at in an earlier post!). But as he's never been that keen to have kids anyway, I am not sure he quite feels the same way as I do. He's very understanding of how upset I get though.

On the other hand I'm loving this time of year, I've been out on the allotment and enjoying some time out and about with my DH :).

Well after a few months of not dealing with things well at all I've finally taken the first step to booking an appointment with a counsellor. And it feels like quite a big step for me. Did I mention I was rubbish at talking about this?  ;)

Read a couple of things on here this evening which make me think I should really be tracking my temperature to check if I am still ovulating. I took the gynae's diagnosis as kinda final (based on my FSH levels) but am now thinking maybe I shouldn't have been so final about it?

So that's where I am. Thanks girls for sharing all your stories on here. It really helps.  :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello
I totality get how you feel about it all...
I'am 36 me and my husband have been trying for a baby now for 3years, After 2 years of testing the hospital still doesn't no whats wrong with my, My 1st blood test said my FSH levels were 9.5 Which is high/normal, the 2nd was 24.9 which i was then told i had pof, i was gutted cryed no-stop, my friends and family tryed to understand but noone got it, My husband has a 13 year old daughter from a previous marriage, He said he understands how i feel but i know deep down he doesn't he has his daughter, he can't feel the pain like me i'am sure, He is very good and does surport me alot, I had a very good relationship with my step daughter until this i have pushed her away because she reminds me of what i want, and i is hard to see the 2 of them together...
I had a 3rd blood test and  my levels were 8.5 which was very good, So the hospital don't no if i have pof or not.... Not having to inject myself every night to see if i have any eggs or not, Have to go to hospital 3 times a week for a internal scan and blood test. They tell me something is working but not like it should so done get my hopes up...
Try to be strong and positive. I know thats bloody hard i keep telling my self that every day,
Take care

Inbox me if you would like to chat
xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts