Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies

I have had my level 1 immunes back from my GP and all is normal except the result for "APC Resistance" which they have tested rather than do the factor V leiden test.

The ratio range is 1.80 but my result was 5 and I don't know what that means or whether it means that I should now ask them to have the factor v leiden test done as well - My GP won't do that one so I would have to ask the Lister Hosp to have it done.

I have had the Natural killer cell assay test done at the Lister as well which was in the normal range. 

Thanks
H

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
I am not sure, but I THINK if the result is high it means its ok and you don't have APC resistance whereas if it was low, it would mean there was an increased tendency to 'sticky blood'.  If I'm understanding your result correctly it would mean your chance of having FVL is low - so I doubt your GP would want to investigate further and pay for the genetic test for FVL?  Your GP should at least be able to confirm if your result is normal (which I THINK it is).

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Agate
My GP is lovely but a bit clueless about IVF and immune tests but I will call the surgery today to make sure.

I have just had my results through fr the Lister for their natural killer cells test and the results are baffling. The doc said they look ok to him. They test CD69 whatever that is.

My total Nk absolute count is 109.5
Total Nk percentage is 7.3
Total Nk CD69 absolute count is 0.83
Total Nk CD69 percentage is 0.75

Nk cells cytotoxic assay
Nk cell 50:1 is 15
Nk cell 25:1 is 11
Nk cell 12:5:1 is 8

They also did some analysis in killing power using various strength IVIG and steroids too.

Would u say these results are ok?

Helana

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Agate
Brilliant, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Your knowledge is amazing!!
H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.