Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

im new here my name is Rachel and 25, my husband is called Shaun and he is 32.  we have been trying to conceive for 5 years due to mf antisperm antibodies.  we have had two failed icsi cycles the first one was abandoned as i didnt respond to the drugs and the second one we have just had a negative test, would love to speak to other people in the same situation

love

rach

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Welcome Rachel!

You've come to the right place to talk!

The people here are great and I couldn't have made it through the last year without them. (I've also failed to respond to drugs and had to do a 'cetrotide cycle' instead, that wasn't successful either :( )

Inevitably we all have our rough times AR being the roller coaster that it is, but we see each other through and we have our success stories as well. ;D

Pop over to http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19029.110.html to join in the 'Male factor' chat (don't worry about trying to read the whole thread, just dive straight in!)

Lots of ^Cuddle^
Lizi

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi rach
i'm eva and i'm 29 my dp is 30. we have initial consultation with argc next week. i have been getting familiar with how things work for the last few weeks and have found this site incredibly helpful. i joined the argc thread and the male factor thread - and have just read everyone's news daily - have had lots of questions and lots of people have answered.
where are you having your treatment?
eva x

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi Rach :)
Sorry to hear about your bfn :'(

I had a bfn 2 weeks ago after 1st attempt at ICSI. Also like you, I didn't respond well to the drugs. It was recommended to me to abandon the cycle, but we felt the need to see it through. I did end up with 5 eggs in the end, despite that, and 2 good embies, but ended up bleeding a few days before I was due to test :( 

You're not alone in what your going through. It is horrible, really it is.
I'm just concentrating on the next one now, which is starting in Feb. At least you're going to have another try. As my DH says (bless him!) "you've only failed, when you give up" Hold that thought Rach, you'll get your baby someday, somehow....

Sending you a cyber ^hugme^ and lots of  ^fairydust^

luv Kel xxx

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Rach - Sorry to hear of your result, hopefully next time the odds will work for you.  I'd like to say DW & I had initially planned for the BFN and we're going to go on holiday etc..  The treament is tough and its amazing you have the courage to see it through.

I hope you can find some help here.
There is a board for those who have had a negative cycle which may be also helpful.

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi Rach, welcome, you've come to the right place!

We've been thru 3 failed cycles ourselves, I know it's hard but you just have to hang in there.  You'll make some really good friends on this site and though no-one will be in exactly the same situation as you, you'll find quite a few who are close!  We're all here for each other on this site, the information and support is invaluable.

You'll be a FF addict before you know it!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Rach

So sorry to hear about the failed cycles.  Ive just had finished my 1st cycle with a BFN unfortunately but Im trying to stay optomistic for a second go :eek:

Pop over to  the Male Factor thread if you fancy it - there's loads of us on there going through very similar things but with slight differences here and there - Im sure it will be a big help and know it has been for me  :)

Take Care

Cam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I just joined the site today-so am new aswell.  We have had 2 previous failed ICSI and 1 frozen ET.  I find the whole -ve result thing so devastating.  We are considering having another go, and the current tests are dredging up old memories.  We live in London.  I dont know if I have antisperm Ab as have never been tested-should I get testeed do you think??

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi rach
i have had 2 failed icsi aswell  :'( my last one i started bleeding 6 days before test me and my patner have been trying for 7 years now i am 27-he is 29 at the moment we and my familiy are trying to raise the money for the next cycle my first cycle was + and wee lost the baby at nine weeks
second one was a negative so wee just have to start again but reading through all the + stories in here is very rewarding just keep your fingers and toes  ^reiki^ and hopefully wee to can have + test soon aswell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts