Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter,

Thanks for your time to answer my question. I had my first attampt of ICSI and it's failed. My period came 12 days after ET and it last for 10 days (my usual period only last for 5 days) is this normal? ???

After ET I was sent home straight away as the doctor said I should carry on with my life as normal, nothing to worried about. I saw on the Q&A and usual practice after ET would be lie down for 1/2 hour, is this true? I went back to work after ET and carry on as normal and I was really stressful the week after ET as I was really busy at work and a dead line to meet, I work about 10 hours a day. My question is could stress be one of the reason of the failure? 2 grade A embies were transfered and I just can't think of other reason that the treatment fail.

On my last cycle, 2 embies were frozen, do you think on the next cycle, should the 2 frozen embies use first or go through another complete cycle?

After first cycle failed, when should the next cycle start again? I will be paying for ICSI so I just want to do this ASAP.

Regards,

Fabry

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

fabry said:
Dear Peter,

Thanks for your time to answer my question. I had my first attampt of ICSI and it's failed. My period came 12 days after ET and it last for 10 days (my usual period only last for 5 days) is this normal? ???

There is quite commonly en extended or erratic period following failed treatment. This is due to the drugs which are taken during the cycle.

After ET I was sent home straight away as the doctor said I should carry on with my life as normal, nothing to worried about. I saw on the Q&A and usual practice after ET would be lie down for 1/2 hour, is this true?

This varies enornously from clinic to clinic. I persoanlly think that a short rest following transfer is a good idea. Some clinics to do not offer this option.

I went back to work after ET and carry on as normal and I was really stressful the week after ET as I was really busy at work and a dead line to meet, I work about 10 hours a day. My question is could stress be one of the reason of the failure?

A 10 hour day is not a good idea under any circumstances. Try to organise a more relaxing time at the next attempt.

2 grade A embies were transfered and I just can't think of other reason that the treatment fail.

The embryo grade is only the tip of the iceberg. You need to discuss the failure in detail with your clinic.

On my last cycle, 2 embies were frozen, do you think on the next cycle, should the 2 frozen embies use first or go through another complete cycle?

I personally would use the frozen embryos first, that's why we freeze them!

After first cycle failed, when should the next cycle start again? I will be paying for ICSI so I just want to do this ASAP.

I would take at least a month off to get the drugs out of your system.

Hope this helps!

Peter

Regards,

Fabry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts