Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the chat room.

I have just had my first IVF cycle.  I found out that I had blocked tubes and was told that the only way I could have a baby would be this way.  I was gutted.  Anyway, I had almost finished the dreaded 2ww when my period started.  I am devastated and am finding it hard to cope with all the stress.    Everything went very well in that I had 15 eggs recovered and 12 fertilised.  The embryos just mustn't have wanted to stay.  Just needed to tell someone, who understands what I may be going through....

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
just wanted to send you big  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ it is so awful when you don't even get to test isn't it, when are you having your follow up to see what the doc suggest may be done differently (if anything) next time ?

take care and get plenty of pampering

pam xx

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear Joanne
sorry to hear about your neg result nothing i can say will help the sadness and the pain
but what really struck me about your post was wow what a great number of eggs that fertilised which i hope you can hold on too
If the problem is implantation ask re womb lining and any options to increases chances next time
Take care
Dianne x

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Joanne

I am sending you a big hug  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

I am sorry to hear your news.
Take Care
Love Shaz xxx

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Joanne
I am so sorry to hear your news honey. Sending you lots of love and hugs  ^Cuddle^

Have you got any frozen embies for an FET? As I understand that process is somewhat easier to go through than the whole ivf palaver.

Chin up, have faith, you will succeed! At least you know that you respond well to drugs, you have loads of eggs, and there is no reason why it won't work next time.

Lots of love
xxx

V

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello.  Fortunately, we have 4 frozen embyos so there is another two chances there, which I am really happy about.  Once we get over this disappointment, we will be starting again but probably about June time, just to have a little break from the stress.    We are having a follow consultation first with the clinic in May.

I was told that you don't need any injections for an embryo transfer but you do need to take progesterone tablets, which is not as bad. It is the 2ww which you can't get out of!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry to hear your sad news. wishing you lots of luck for your next cycle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.