Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Started our first IVF this year and went for e/c yesterday, everything went really well, had 7 follies and 5 eggs, 4 matured, husbands  ^sperm^ normal and OK, thought everything would work for us.

Unfortunately it didn't, we got a call early this morning to say that the eggs didn't fertilize, not sure why, said that it could have been hard for the sperm to get through or the eggs just too hard and wouldn't accept.

We have been advised that ICSI is our next attempt which i don't really know anything about and not heard much about it.

I don't think i have ever felt so empty and in shock in my life, all the stress, hard work, money and wishful thinking, its been wiped out in one day, i still cant believe it and keep thinking that i am going in for e/t tomorrow which just isn't going to happen.  The hospital have given us less than 50% chance of them fertilising over night as they are hoping to leave them tonight so will get a call in the morning but really not holding out much hope  :'( :'(.

Kelly xx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
just wanted to send you lots of  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ i'm so sorry this has happened hun i hope they do fertilise overnight , words just seem inadequate

take care

pam xx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Kelly, i am so sorry. Fingers crossed some fertilise overnight  ^reiki^

^hugme^

Kim x

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear Kelly
So sorry to hear your news but don't give up - some may fertilise overnight (fingers crossed for you).  If not, I know it's hard but try to focus on how far you did manage to get this time - ie that the drugs worked, you produced eggs and that DH's contribution was OK - because these were all hurdles that you had to cross and you managed all of them successfully.  If things don't get further this time, the fact that the clinic has suggested ICSI means that you have another route to try.  (I've also read of people having eggs fertilising and not fertilising on successive IVF cycles, so if IVF doesn't work this time it doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't work next time).  I haven't had ICSI but I understand that most of the treatment cycle is very similar to IVF - maybe if you look on the ICSI board on this site you can get further info.  Also try to get as much feedback and info as possible from your consultant.  Anyway, fingers crossed for good news tomorrow, and, if not, try to focus on the fact that this is not the end of the line.

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi kelly
just sending you  ^hugme^ and hope everything turns out ok for you
lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your support.

Am in a better mood now and more positive as we saw the consultant last week and he said ICSI would work for us, obviously there are no guarantees but everything was fine with both eggs and sperm, we were just unlucky 1 in 300,000 whose sperm rejects eggs!!

Just got to wait about 6 weeks then we can start and i will be on a short protocol which is even better.

Good luck to you all  ^fairydust^

Kelly xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi kelly
just read your post,glad everything ok for you
i am to on the short protocol next to give me a better chance at producing more follies
do you have to go on the pill the month before my consultant said i do to shut your body down or something like that  ???  ???
hopeully we will both get better results this time around
take care lisa xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lisa

So what went wrong with your cycle, sorry thats if you dont mind me asking x

Nothing was said about a pill, just got to take menopur a higher does to get more follies this time and thats it, the normal procedure from then on.  Was surprised that i didnt need to down reg this time which is a result as i suffered with that quite bad last time.

Take care and speak soon xxxx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Lisa

I am so sorry you must think, what a rude cow.  You dont have to explain to me, as i know and should have remembered what was wrong, it sounded like i weren't interested, far from the truth.

Am sorry and speak soon

xxxx

·
Registered
426 Posts
kelly
dont be silly i don't think you are rude at all
i think if you chat to alot of people it is sometimes hard to remember what they have been through thats all,i have done it as well :)  :)
yes they are putting me on the pill to shut me down prop then i dr for 1 day then start stimms straight away so alot quicker thank god
speak soon kelly and take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.