Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one out there give me hope!! Due to do my preg test today (6th June) but i was suffering from bad (what I thought was period pains) pains the hos suggested i do it a day early (not sure why??). well i did the test and got a faint BFP. Oh my god couldn't believe it ;D. Phoned hos and they told me to come to hos to day to have a blood test. They have just phoned and told me its positive but my levels are very low(don't know how low, they didn't say) and i have to go back on Wed to see if the have gone up. Not sure what this means :-\. Was I preg but its come away?? or is it just late implanting?? I've never got this far so i was just soooooo happy to get even a faint positive but now I'm all confused. Can someone please shed some light on all this before i go ^idiot^. WWx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya WW xx well I don't now much about getting positives but was always informed that its a positive regardless of how faint the line is, don't drive yourself  ^idiot^ why don't you give the hos a call and get them to explain in more detail!! because thats a long time for you to wait to find out no wonder your going  ^idiot^ as if the 2WW isn't bad enough now you have to wait some more!!! but sounds like a BFP to me  :) :) take care xx
Hayleigh xxx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Both my pregnancies have been late implanters, giving me very low readings this time round - when I should have been 5 weeks my readings were 33!!  Your next bloods should be taken as close to 48 hours after the first test, you should expect to see doubling somewhere between 48 -72 hours don't panic if its not quite doubled or indeed more than doubled, as with everything our bodies do these things at there own rate.  I'm sorry you've been left to wait over the weekend and I pray that yours is a late implanter too... fingers crossed.

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Bev, nice to see you posting hun, I hope you're feeling better after your appendectomy! ^hugme^

Axxx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
HI WW

Which clinic are you with, can you not ask for a 2nd test sooner than Wednesday, that seems such a long time to wait!! Alternatively can you speak to the Early Pregnancy Unit at Macc (assuming that is your local hospital) they are fantastic and may do another test sooner.

I hope everything works out and you get confirmation of your BFP  ^reiki^

I had severe AF pains until I was 8 weeks pregnant so don't take that as a bad sign.

Sam

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies and advise. I did another home test this morning and although it was still positive the line was even more faint than the 1st one i did ( the morning of the blood test). Just presuming the levels are dropping otherwise surley the line would be stronger. Still have'nt got AF but hospital told me it might be the pressaries keeping it away, they told me to ring if it  came. Feel really down :(. Thought the day i got a positive would be the best day of my life but this is like torture :'( :'( WWx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Oh no no!!! I truly hope its not bad news xx thinking of you xxxxxxx
Hayleigh xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys just wanted to let you all know that i went back to clinic today for my blood test and got a BBFFN. Devasted. my levels had gone from 27 to 0.5 :'(. .Thought this was it this time. Don't think i'll ever get excited about getting a BFP again!!! Can't quite believe its all over again!!! :'( :'( :'(. WWX

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
HI
today i had a low postive.  my hcg was 13 so something happened they just didn't finish the job!!  so i am treating it as a positive experience.  my levels could go up but unlikely and also AF is defo on its way!!  they told me to carry on with the cyclogest just in case but i am not pinning my hopes on it.

i have to re test with bloods next week to check the levels have gone down if i have had a bleed and if they have gone up if i haven't. 

i know they implanted as i felt it, so this is good for our next go, i will ask more questions at our next meeting with con.

i know its hard honey but never give up.  i'm not, its made me stronger.

Good luck for next time and look after youself. xxxx ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got everything crossed for you. ^pray^ Let me know how you get on. WWX

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Just to update you all.  My levels went up from 13 to 18 but i still knew it wasn't anything to pin my hopes on, did another blood test and it is now a definite BFN.  i don't know if thats a chemical pg or what? I've got a review next week so will ask then.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So sorry, it sounds like a chemical pregnancy hun. Thats what I had my levels were 60 and then down to 10. Just want to give you hope that I went on to have a healthy pregnancy with my next attempt and that was from the same batch of eggs from my miscarried baby. Wishing you all lots of luck andd strength - i know what a rotten time this is for you xx

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Thanks Jess thats good to know as we are using our Frosties next from that batch. was a bit worried about them as thought they had something wrong with them hence the chem pg.  we haven't seen the con yet, so its Doc becky speculating!!

Becks xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts