Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Question for you ... 

We are going to panel in June  ^police^ and I wondered what happens regarding 'family finding' after that point.  Do we need to subscribe to be my parent or children who wait in order to know about children who are out there or do we wait for our SW to bring profiles to us?

Also, it seems it is £63 to subscribe to Be My Parent for a year - does the LA pay for it or is it something we would have to pay for ourselves.

I guess, to sum up my question is do you find your children or do you wait for your child/children to find you (via SW)!

Your thoughts greatly appreciated  :)

Thanks
Dame Edna

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Hi Dame Edna,
We are in the early process 2nd homestudy visit due on Thurs :eek:, when we were on the prep course we were told that once we were approved they automatically subscribe us for the magazine they pay for a years subscribtion, but our SW has already asked us age and sex of child (ren) we want as she can keep us in mind if potentiol children come into the system and we were told by her that they do start looking near the end of homestudy if she is unsucesful they go further afield for potential matches, thats our SW anyway, but just give your SW a ring she will be happy to hear from you,
Good Luck
Daisyboo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Daisy Boo for your reply  ^hugme^

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hi DE

after approval our LA paid for us to get CWW and subscribed us to adoptionuk too

xxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi there

I think a lot of LAs say you have to stay with them for 3 months before you can join the national register and start enquiring abt children via the magazines.  Ideally they will want to match you with a child from within their LA.

When we were approved our SW immediately talked to us about a potential match and she is now our gorgeous little girl.  She said that within our LA most people are matched within 6 months of approval on the whole.

On the other hand  if your LA do not have any potential matches within the first 3 months, personally I would start to proactively look else where.  Our La pay for subscriptions to those magazines but you do need to ask.

Hope that helps

BW
Fx

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Freddie2

I've blown you 2 bubbles .... one for you and one for your daughter  :)

That is helpful information.
Dame Edna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts