Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well
Daisy's had her first invite to a proper party (no I lie - second - first was a make up and pamper party for a four year old - we didn't go!!! ^idiot^)

Anyway - it's fancy dress. I don't want to buy or hire a costume - I can make but not sew particularly. I'd like her to have something comfy that she can stay in for the whole party and something easy and obvious.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Poll

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Kitty went to a pirate party recently. Easy to do.....stripy tshirt and cheap leggings (cheap so you can cut them all raggedy) headscarf around her head and i made an eyepatch although it was a waste of time cause not one of the children kept them on! Made a change from pink and sparkly ;D

Or just buy a pair of fairy wings and wand and put them with a pretty dress.

Did someone really have a makeup and pamper party for a 4 year old :eek:

Have fun, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Poll

this is my kind of party as an adult, love it, went once as a grape and attached balloons on me all over, another time, do not lough as a flower (dressed up in green and mad petals with green paper around my face, and even managed to get my boyfriend at the time to dress up as a bee, well he insisted it was a killer bee!!!! Last time I had one of those at mine with a Las Vegas theme I made a ace of spade on 2 boards and that was it.

so if you give me a hint then we can play a game here to find ideas??

what does you daughter likes (books, TV.....)

Steph

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
We went to a 5 year old's fancy dress party at the weekend, and I was quite sad really - there was no home-made costumes there!  :'(  We did a 'best dressed' but I personally find those who are best dressed are those who have made the costume themselves.  :)
My sister forgot to tell me it was fancy dress, so I only found out the day before so Ethan went in his spiderman outfit, but I'd have done a pirate or something like that with time.

What about being a fairy?

Marie xxx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah wondered about a fairy but tbh it's probably going to be a full on pink-fest, and DH and I are trying to ensure Daisy branches out a bit. Like the pirate idea - could be easy to do too.

Daisy likes books a lot - allsorts of books. Like the flower as an idea but think she might not want to wear stuff round her face. I'd quite like her to be an insect - ladybird or bee or something like that - how might one go about that do you think??

Poll

PS Was D's friend from childminders' who had the pamper party - I was quite shocked tbh so we made an excuse.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
You could get a red tshirt and black leggings and sew black felt circles on the tshirt. Then use a hairband and pipecleaners for the antennae.

It's great when people do homemade costumes.....at the pirate party i think everyone had made their own and they all looked fab :)

xxx

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooh good idea!

I might look into that. Of course you can bet I won't be able to find black leggings or a red t-shirt now !

Poll

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
and if you want it to be more round you can add padding with small coussin or cloths

good luck

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
You could always try something like a cat - black t-shirt and leggings (or leotard and tights) and just make some ears, a tail and do some face painting for the whiskers etc?  I bought DS some pirate pj's in the M&S sale which he should grow into in the autumn but I thought at the time they could double up as a fancy dress costume with a bandana and toy parrot attached to his shoulder should he ever be invited to a fancy dress party....

Fluffs xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts