Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

We have been invited to a fancy dress party. Its come round all of a sudden and its next Saturday  :eek:
Dress code is Movie Star/ Character.
Now funds are very scarce so need to improvise but havent a clue what to go as. Neither has Paul.
Joe is going as Buzz Lightyear as he already has the costume from a previous party.
So can anyone help please?

I'm not a slim person so please be kind :)

Kimx  x

Oh i'll give loads of bubbles or credits to the best one ;)

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Does it have to be a movie star or can it be TV?

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why who do you have in mind Debs?

Thanks Rec i'll have a look.
Kimx x

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
If Paul has a dinner jacket / bow tie and you have an evening dress then James Bond and any of his female sidekicks....

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Would the leads out of hairspray be ok, wouldnt take too much bit of back combing n a dress from a chaz shop am sure it could be done on a shoestring.
will keep thinking for ya
xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
How about Thelma and Louise (does your DH do drag?  ???  ;D)

:-[ sorry, am trying to think of something sensible - was going to suggest Marilyn Monroe - just need a good bra, blond wig and something low cut....

(PS Just asked DH for ideas and he said Shrek and Mrs Shrek so I am off to  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^ very hard for being cheeky!)

Will have a think about it overnight and try to come up with some more sensible suggestions  :-*

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blu said:
If Paul has a dinner jacket / bow tie and you have an evening dress then James Bond and any of his female sidekicks....
No he dont have a dinner jacket and i dont think i could pass as a bond girl ^roflmao^ good idea though thanks Blu.

Lou F said:
Would the leads out of hairspray be ok, wouldnt take too much bit of back combing n a dress from a chaz shop am sure it could be done on a shoestring.
will keep thinking for ya
xx
Thanks Lou. Not sure my hair is long enough for back combing.

keep em coming though please :)

Kimx x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fluffs ^roflmao^

Kimx  x

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
You could do Miss Piggy and Kermit....  The downside is you have to wear a piggy nose and blond wig with your posh dress and pearls, but the plus side is you get to see DH in green tights and a bow tie!!!  ;D  ;D

Sorry, I'll go to bed now as I'm not being very sensible am I?  :-[  :-[  ::)

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The size of me i could do Miss Piggy very well. :(

Kimx  x

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
So could I  ;D  ;D  PS hope you weren't offended by that - I was carried away by the thought of men in green tights when I was typing it  :-[  ^idiot^  But whilst we are on the subject - how about maid Marion and Robin Hood (or just a man in tights  ???  ;D  ;D)

Right, really am off now as tiredness and stupidity obviously reign in my house  :-[  ^idiot^  ;D

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No offence taken fluffs.

Just a thought not really looking to go as a pair so individual ideas may be best.

Kimx x

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
What about trying freecycle or your local oxfam to see if they have any free/cheap clothes you could adapt.

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Get a grey shader from the chemist, a tiara from clares (£2.50), put some curlers in and you could go as the Queen (as in helen mirram film).  Id do that just to wear the tiara  ;D ;D

Get Jax round to face paint paul as spiderman and there you go  ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
One of you could go as M from James Bond,
wear a white jacket, few pens in the top pocket, and you could make a badge with
"M" on it

or get DH to wear a suit, go buy a gun from the pound shop, then go to a florist
and beg, or pay a couple of pounds for them to spray the gun gold

then he could be the Man with the golden gun !

just some ideas we did from James bond night

I went in a Sari, hides all bumps, Mark had a James bond mask, but wore a dinner suit
friends went as "M" and man with golden gun

Argos do sell some costumes, but money  :p unless you've got a money tree in garden

will sit and think who else you could go as, from our Hollywood/Bollywood night

you could borrow a peak cap from someone, then black a bit of dh face and he could be the sweep from Mary poppins, what was his name  ::) ::)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Dick van dike, but what was his character  :-\

He could wear a suit and go as a Man from UNCLE, and pretend to have a special pen, watch and a throw away camera that was spy stuff

note the technical terms, spy stuff  ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
how about lou and andy from little briton easy to do !!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
you could go as a gypsy, with a frilly skirt, and semi off the shoulder top

gypsy's have been in loads of films

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Micheal Caine, with the thick glasses and suit, in that film called ermmmmmmm
what was it
a blokes name

but easy to do