Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

Hello, i am starting my 1st ivf the end of this month,got to start taking spray next sunday.Having my treatment at uch would love to hear from anyone who is also having treatment there.

Feeling excited and scared all in one go,
love sam x x x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
hi sam,

congratulations on starting your first ivf.

i'm about to start our second and will probably start injecting tomorrow night. have an appointment tuesday for a scan and blood test and if all ok they will give me the go-ahead.

we are not at uch but started our investigations there as my dh had his cancer operation at the hospital. they were a great crowd and i really like paul serhal. we would have loved to continue but as nhs patiants our pct would not finance us at the uch.

sorry about the lack of capitals in this email. our keyboard has developed a fault.

is the sniffing part of a long or short protocol. ours is short and the drugs are injected.

wishing you all the best for a positive result.

kindest regards,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello

I am taking primolut now until sunday and then start sniffing :p. I have to sniff from day 21 until period comes .Idont know how i am going to cope with all this ,but it seems a small price to what you have already been through.
Where are you having your treatment??
Thank you for you link would love to here from you again love sam x x x x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Sam,

Good news today. My hormone levels are just fine and I have the go-ahead to start injecting tomorrow (wednesday). My first scan will be on Monday.

Very nervous but happy at the same time.

Hope that your sniffing is going well.

Warmest regards,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello

Glad you had good news,and the injections are going well.I had to have a dummy embryo run yesterday,and they said my cervix is too tight.So they have got to open up my cervix on day 3 of my next period.Not started sniffing yet, start on sunday.

Hope you are well and being brave,it will all be worth while. take care
love sam x xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone !

I'm pretty new to the site but am hoping to be able to share what I'm going through right now with others who know how it feels ! ::)

We are going through our first IVF cycle, after a miscarriage in December and 2 failed IUI's last year. I had my egg collection this morning, so I'm still feeling a bit dopey (no change there then !) and sore at the moment, but I really don't care as our wonderful consultant and his team managed to get all 12 eggs out of my bulging ovaries ! Just waiting for the call in the morning to tell us how many embryos we have, the embryologist reckoned 60-70% would be good. I just feel like each stage is more nerve wracking than the last ! All being well, we'll have the embryo transfer on Saturday, then all we can do is hope and pray.

Is anyone else at this stage ?

With love and a sore belly,

Sam.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
dear sam v,

oooh, a dummy embryo transfer. eeeek. i had one of those at the uch and it was worse than the real thing!

i'm feeling a lot better now and more hopeful. the nerves are being replaced by excitment and more positive feelings than before.

sorry to hear about the cervix. i remember being told that one proceedure was difficult for them and they got a bit worried but the next one went perfectly.

hope all goes well for you.

kindest regards,

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
hi sam seahorse,

sorry about this messy reply. my keyboard is not working properly and it's on a laptop.

congratulations on the egg collection! I also had 12 eggs from our last attempt. my dh went out and presented me with a bunch of red roses that night - one for each egg. very romantic and touching.

he also told me that I was prime poultry. not quiet so romantic.

he said that when they wheeled me out of the operating room after the ec i was grinning ear to ear - must have been the drugs.

now your little eggies are hopefully fertilised and dividing away. how exciting.

you should get a great crop of embryos out of 12 eggs. did they use ICSI?

Please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi flopsy,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, we had some great news this morning. Our embryologist called to say that we have 8 embryos !!! ;D. It was a huge relief, as I hadn't really slept and was pacing around like a mad woman this morning urging the phone to ring. I thought I'd feel better once the egg collection was over yesterday, but I think I actually felt more nervous waiting for the call today. Our embryologist said she'll call again tomorrow & tell us how they're doing, then all being well we'll go in for the embryo transfer on Saturday, then it'll be the dreaded 2 week wait ! :eek:
We have had IVF, not ICSI, as there does not appear to be any problem with my eggs or DH's sperm. We are fairly sure that I have LPD (problem with hormone levels in the second 1/2 of my cycle, which makes implantation difficult in the 1st place, and if conception does occur, my body struggles to maintain the pregnancy, hence early miscarriage in December). So,I started using Cyclogest pessaries straight after egg collection yesterday,and will continue on them for the 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy. I will also have extra HCG injections to give my endometrium maximum support.

I just wish we could fast forward time now, but I guess you know that feeling !

You mentioned that you had 12 eggs last time. If you don't mind me asking, how many embryos did you have & how man did they transfer ?

I really hope you have some luck this time around.

With love & positive vibes,

Sam.x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi again Sam Seahorse,

I'm really over the moon to hear your news. What a wonderful result.

From our 12 eggs we had 5 embryos but one did not survive.

2 went back in and we froze the other two. Hopefully your clinic will be able to grade the embies for you. We have the best two (top grade) transferred. Sadly it did not work.

We did regard that level of fertilisation as a miracle in our case as the experts had been doubtful that this would work for us due to my DH's cancer.

I do understand the sleepless night and the 2ww is truely horrible.

Sending positive vibes back to you and to your embies happily dividing away in the clinic. I really missed my eggs after the EC and felt very clucky.

Tempted to dress up as a fancy dress chicken for my next attempt. If all goes to the same schedule as last time EC should be March the 8th.

Please feel free to ask any q's and please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello sam seahorse

Well done on getting 12 lovely eggs,hope they all divide well. Where are you having your treatment??
I was reading today a story about pepole having ivf and they said every day for 10mins you should thing of holding your baby and this will said good vibes to your uterus.Dont know wether it works or not but it can,t do any harm trying.
Keep us up to date on what is happening and finger,toes and everything else crossed for you.
love sam v x x x x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello flopsy

Hows it all going not too painful i hope.Sending good thoughts your way take it easy hon.
love sam v x x x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the delayed response, but I haven't been very active since the ET on Saturday!
Well,everything went really well, we had 2 beautiful 8 cell embryos transfered, and 2 x 8 cell & 1 x 6 cell frozen, so we were over the moon. Now all we can do is wait & hope & pray!
Am trying so hard to be positive and to not read something into everything! I'm very lucky to have so much support from my husband, family & friends, the team at St Judes, that I know we'll get there.
How are you doing ? Hope all is well with you.

With love,

Sam. x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Sam V,

Hope you are well and the sniffing is OK for you.

I had my first scan yesterday and there were 6 lead follies. Lots of smaller ones as well and I hope that they get there skates on and don't get missed during egg collection.

Also started my second daily injection (called an antagonist). Thighs are looking a bit black & blue now.

My second scan is tomorrow. They are not monitoring me as closely as last time which is a relief.

What is the next step in your protocol?

Warmest regards to you from,
Flopsy

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Wow Sam Seahorse!,

What an incredible result. It really did go well for you.

Now rest up and don't do too much. There was a post on another thread suggesting pineapple juice to drink during the 2ww to assist implantation. Someone else said grapefruit juice.

Are you working or resting at home? I felt very wobbly for a week after the EC as I am not good with sedatives. Some people like to be at work to get their mind off the wait.

My very best regards to you and your DH. Please let is know how you are feeling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Flopsy,

Thanks for your reply. Hope you are ok and that those follicles are doing well.Do you know yet when your EC will be ?
Hope your thighs are holding up ok, I know exactly what you mean about them being black & blue - I was injecting Suprecur for about 3 weeks and Menopur in addition for about 10 days, so felt like a bit of a pin cushion!I had to have my 2nd HCG support jab today,don't like these much as they're intramuscular with a bigger needle, only 1 more to go though, on Saturday.
I'm at home for the duration, just taking it easy. My boss has been great and has said he'll see me when he sees me, to take as much time as I need, so I'm very lucky. I did think about going back as I know that by this time next week, my head will probably be about to explode, but I just want to give this every possible chance & I figure that resting as much as I can is a good thing. Physically, I feel ok now,am just anxious and fearful.
I've just put pineapple juice on my shopping list for my mom to get for me tomorrow,I'll try anything !Can you remember which thread you saw this on, just wondered if there were any more tips ???

Take care & keep jabbing ! Am sending happy growth vibes to your follicles.

With Love,

Sam.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Sam Seahorse,

I've had a good look around and I can't find that reference to pineapple/grapefruit juice. It thought it was under a 2ww thread or "improving egg quality" but I have lost it , sorry.

I did ask the poster about the pineapple juice at the time and she said it was a traditional remedy.

I've got another scan tomorrow (Friday) and will end an update thru then. Thank you for the vibes - they seem to be working!

The HCG jabs sound horrendous. That's a lot of jabbing to do and makes the 2ww worse.

Sending calming thoughts in your direction and a cyber hig hug.

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hello sam seahorse

A big big well done to you and dh,you must be so pleased with your selfs.Take it easy and have plenty of rest, watch all of your favourite films and eat lots of chocolate i am sure it will help.
My fingers are crossed for you. Keep us updated on whats going on lots of love sam v
:) x x x x x x :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hello flopsy

Are you still stabbing??? If so hope it going well,and follicles are growing as they should be. Stared my period today, so on tuseday, i have got to go to the hospital to have my cervix stretched and then start my injectoins.Have a good weekend
love sam v x x x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Sam V,

Great to hear from you. I had my last injection last night and EC is scheduled for tomorrow!

All going very well and I'm hoping for another good crop of eggs. Although I had 12 eggs some were not useable.

Not looking forward to my EC as as it really zonked me out last time - though I did have the flu. I also have nausea in the morning normally anyway and not being bale to eat before the EC is hell for me.

Had a horrdenous headache yesterday but that may have been due to a massage Friday. The massage may have stirred things up.

Hope that everything goes well on Tuesday and it is not too painful. You must be excited to be starting injections soon!

Have a great weekend and we can chat more this week I hope.

With love from,

1 - 20 of 481 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.